Fresh PIP Claim

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Denise sorry to bother you as I know that you are not feeling good at the moment but just a quick enquiry as I am about to renew my claim for PIP because as you know the tribunal gave me an end date but can I still use my old pip forms as evidence plus any further support from my consultants and GP, to assist me in my new claim because my condition is still the same as its always been. Regards zebra20.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm not sure why you want to use your old PIP forms as evidence? I wouldn't really call that evidence. There's nothing stopping you from sending them but they will most likely not use them because it's not classed as evidence. Even more so as you had to take your last claim to Tribunal. If it was me i wouldn't use them.

You're much better off concentrating on gathering other evidence and making sure it's relevant to how your condition affects you daily. Don't take anything for granted when it comes to DWP. Only 47% of reviews/new claims are successful.

• Posted

I was only asking this question because someone else asked if they could use their DLA forms for PIP evidence which I myself thought was stupid because these are two completely different benefits but I wasn't suggesting for one minute that I wanted to use them this was just a polite request as my condition has not altered since the tribunal and I don't expect to win against these farcical face to face assessors but I will take them to tribunal again if I have to. zebra20

• Posted

You can indeed use your DLA file as evidence when transferring to PIP, many people have done this and been successfully awarded PIP. Using your PIP form from the previous claim though is completely different. I also didn't think your request was anything but polite. I was just giving my opinion. Please remember than i'm not an expert benefits advicer i can only advise to the best of my ability and all my advice comes from my experience and research.

• Posted

Hi Denise so sorry if I seemed abrupt it was unintentional but I can't get my head around the fact that you could use DLA as evidence in a claim for PIP because when I brought up this question to the DWP a few years ago, stating to them that even though the name had changed from DLA to PIP, my medical condition and how it affects me on a daily basis is still the same and just because of the name change and a few tweaks with the criteria doesn't mean that my medical condition has magically disappeared, but this was totally rejected by them stating that PIP is a different benefit altogether, so can you understand why I am utterly bewildered by this Regards zebra20😕

• Posted

No worries. It's very difficult to detect a tone in someone when text speaking, i understood and no offense taken.

I totally agree with you and at first when PIP came out DWP did refuse to use anyone DLA file when claiming PIP. However as time went on they changed their minds and decided that people could use their DLA file for their PIP claim.

Whilst i totally agree that PIP and DLA are totally different, a lot of people will still meet the criteria. A lot of people will also not meet the criteria. Each individual person is totally different. What they are saying is that there could be something or multiple things in that persons DLA file that can be used for PIP evidence BUT it does need to be backed up with more recent evidence. It's a mind field really to be honest and it's a lot to take in. DWP change the goal posts and rules all the time. When you asked the question about using your last PIP claim as evidence because you were refused then i really wouldn't use this.

However, if you have the statement of reasons from your Tribunal then you can certainly send this as there's no harm in trying. The worst they can do is refuse to use it. Hope this helps. x

• Posted

Hi again Denise thanks for your quick reply the way you have explained it makes it very clear now, so once again, thank you so much for your very valuable advice. Kind Regards zebra20 ( Tony)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.