Friction blister? (photo included)

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that included a pelvic exam- it resulted in diagnosing a yeast infection, but there were no blisters whatsoever. I went cycling that afternoon, which was starting to hurt near the end. This morning, I woke up and discovered a single blister in the area that feels slightly bruised from cycling. I'm assuming this is just a friction blister from the bike seat? I have no history of herpes, and neither does my boyfriend as far as he is aware (no cold sores, etc). We always use condoms, and the last time he gave me oral sex would have been around a few weeks ago IF there was any chance he was wrong about not having a history, which is doubtful as he has had way more doctor's appointments than me! 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you were fine when you started cycling, then it started hurting towards the end, it probably is a friction blister.
    • Posted

I totally agree with you on that, Adam.
  • Posted

Chloe - It does not look like classic herpes or hpv. Based on your story, I would believe that this is likely related to trauma from cycling. If it does not clear up in a few days then I would head back to your primary care physician immediately.
    • Posted

It's already become significantly smaller and less red, so it was definitely just a blister from the bike 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.