Friday 20/11/15 Update

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well thankfully still no UTI following using the D Mannose at the weekend. However I've been quite sore with the VA again so I've ordered Vitamin E Suppositories from Amazon. I got them for nothing too as I had forgotten a gift voucher code I hadnt used. Amazon applied it automatically when I clicked on Pay Now. The reviews on these suppositories are mostly great and of course, unlike the capsules, I know they are safe to use up inside. So we'll see.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Hi... I thought I was starting with a UTi, turned out is was just the discomfort burning stinging because I used the Coconut Oil and it did the trick.  I am now using it everyday and hoping the UTI stays away... I have tried the Vitamin E and it is good too.  Hope it works out for you.  I think I will also try the D Mannose... do you take it everyday....
    • Posted

Glad the coconut oil has worked for you Nancy. By co-incidence I saw it for the for time in a glass jar in the Supermarket only this afternoon! I hope it helps keep the UTI away for you too. Yes I've got my fingers crossed that the suppositories work well for me too. No I don't use the D Mannose every day. It's too expensive to do that. £20 for a small 50gm tub of powder. Or the same for 50 tablets I think.
    • Posted

I've got a suspicion that coconut oil and Vit E pessaries (if they're Carlson, do they have coconut oil in?) are pretty similar and may well give similar results.  I'm hoping those trying them will find an improvement quickly.  I wonder though if one aspect is just to give it a bit of time when using them, because I imagine it will take a little while for skin to heal?  But I SO hope this works well for you Shirley.
    • Posted

I will look for powder form... hope the suppositories work for you...
  • Posted

Yes, my gynie said they were safe to use every day when I took the pack along to show her:-)))) SO hoping these will help you hugely!  I'm so pleased that the D Mannose seems to have worked and hope you continue to be good regarding that:-)
    • Posted

Yes I would think the Vit E Suppositories were safe to use every day Chris though I won't be because they are expensive too. So I will see how I get on using them a couple of times a week. Thanks Chris. I am really hoping they will be a huge help to me too. So far so good with the UTI anyway. :-)
    • Posted

Yes, I remember they weren't that cheap.  If you find they're not doing enough fast enough, using twice a week then I don't think the coconut oil in the jar would be much different but it would be much cheaper.  When I started with the coconut oil I was using it every time I went to the loo but then settled in to twice a day and that seems to keep me ticking over now:-)  But see how it goes with using them twice a week.  Having said that, it's only a thought, but you might be better to try them nightly for a few nights, just to boost the effect inititally, and then go to twice a week and see how it goes?  Only a thought though.  But do let us know what you do and what works for you.
  • Posted

Will look those up Shirley , thanks
    • Posted

The name of the firm that makes them starts with a C Sus. Amazingly I ordered them yesterday on Amazon and they arrived this morning!
    • Posted

I sent her a private message to tell her what they were Shirley when my attempt to do it via the group was getting 'moderated':-)
    • Posted

We've both sent her a private message then :-). I've got the Vit E Suppository inserted now. There is no shell like a capsule. It's just like a bullet shaped piece of wax. Strangely I would expect it to be sore inserting it but it was quite the reverse . Thought this morning I was starting with another UTI because there was some stinging at the end of my wee. But next time I went, there was no stinging. So I don't know what that was about. Now I'm just monitoring how well the suppository works during the next couple of days.
    • Posted

Yes, that's right - I found it a bit on the hard side to use but that may be because I had prolapses that were bulging (now got the pessary supporting them).  I SO hope you're not getting another UTI!!!!  Hope the pessaries work for you:-))))
    • Posted

Yes you would find the suppositories hard to use with the prolapses. No sign of the UTI since that stinging this morning. Just letting the suppository do its work. And yes I might use one every night to boost their effect initially. Sounds good to me.
    • Posted

Yes it does. It's not the first time Ive thought I was getting a UTI and things didn't develop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.