Friend - 53 Type A Aortic Dissection then stroked.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Male. 53 this January. Adopted at birth no health history. Was at emergency and had little pulse at wrists. They found a tear in his aorta then it dissected. Ascending type A. As they prepared for emergency open heart surgery he stroked. Left brain. Cancelled surgery and prognosis was dire! He survived - went from CICU to Stroke area to rehab to home. He has fully occluded left carotid and partial occluded right carotid. He's physically pretty good. Having speech therapy and is improving. The surgeon is planning open heart surgery soon - after a little more time for some more aortic scarring and more time away from the stroke for brain stability. Surgeon feels confident he will be good for surgery in May. He's a miracle they say. And he's continuing to improve. Just worried about everything. His stability for surgery etc. He's in Fort Worth Texas. Request any thoughts opinions and of course prayers. Thank you!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, He is very lucky to have pulled through, thank God everyday, Only thing that I could say is to have faith . Everything will be fine,  you have to have faith, He will be in good hands, My husband was diagonesed with an annurysm, and was monitored had the operation with a stent open due to a clot he took time recovering specially after the first week, that is when he had issues vomiting, could not keep food down, was so sick doctors organised a colonoscopy and endoscopy I have never prayd so hard and it was all organised for the next morning as he was still tryig to recover from the operation, the next morning the surgeon who did the AAA called and told me I do not know what happened but he seemed like he got better overnight. I was on the train at 6:30 am on the way to hospital, I said I know what happened prayers, cos I have never prayed so hard in  my life. the next day after almost 14 days in hospital he was released.  God works miracles I have been there and I know,just have faith, prayers work wonders.  I will be thinking of you and your family . Keep us informed as to how everyhin goes. God Bless you all

Heather

• Posted

Thank you so much Heather. He and his wife have learned so much about the power of faith and prayer. They're being faithful and a huge number of people are surrounding them w prayers! Miracles continue! Praying for his surgeson, nurses, all doctors involved, speech therapists and all. Thanks again for your encouragement!

• Posted

Tomorrow in Fort Worth Texas My friend is having open heart surgery. He will receive a synthetic aortic arch - please pray and support w prayer all of his doctors and their staff. Appreciate.
  • Posted

All I can offer is prayers, Mary. I am new to the group so have little knowledge.

All the best to you and your friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.