friend is very tired from trying to cough up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Trying to help my friend get medical attention that works for him .I was wondering if there was name for some of type machine he would him to help to this.He has horrible insurance and other medical problems .I will see if someone can donate it next .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi don't know about where you live but you can get mucodyne tablets in the UK which helps with getting rid of phlegm.  I don't know of any machines that do it though there must be some.  x
  • Posted

Mucodyne is helpful, but there is also a device you can get to help bring up stuuborn thick mucus, It is called a flutter device.

You use this as part of the active breathing exercise and it does work well.

A bit pricy at £45.00 but a good investment.

• Posted

Thank you that is it will try get it ordered or prescription written by friends doctor tomorrow Thank you
  • Posted

As well as the "Lung Flute" 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lung_flute

I understand that nebulized inhaled glutathione, a powerful antioxidan usually stops COPD progression when glutathione is dispersed in a fine mist and inhaled.

P.S Big Pharma will not like this as glutathione is natural and so not patentable (highly profitable)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.