Friend just awarded Severe disability payment

Posted , 4 users are following.

She takes seizures due to too much alcohol consumption, parties every weekend, takes holidays.. She has been awarded this premium severe disability backdated to 2014 and received over £10,000. Never been in employment and has been on the sick for 13 years, claims jobseekers allowance at £363 a fortnight plus the high rate of DLA. Never had to attend a medical, no seizures since 2015. It infuriates me that some people live off the system yet there are people relying on foodbanks!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry but what other people claim is no business of yours. I'm not sure what you want to achieve by joining a forum to post this. It makes me very angry when others pry into peoples lives this way! Sorry but there was absolutely no need of this post. No one knows what others go through behind closed doors. I claim ESA, SDP and PIP, do i go on holiday? Yes of course i do, do i go out shopping, yes i do that too BUT it doesn't mean to say that i'm not entitled to those benefits because i am. Just my opinion....

• Posted

I'm sure you have your reasons for what you claim, I had a relative in a wheelchair who could only use one arm and was told he was fit for work! He didn't get anything, only income support, he died. My point is there's something wrong when people are working hard to feed their families and others can live off the system. This is not a personal attack it's a problem this whole country faces.

• Posted

I still don't seem your reasons for joining a benefits forum to post your anger, sorry!

• Posted

I replied to another thread just a moment ago, that might explain it better.. She exaggerates her illness.. I feel that the people who deserve it will find it harder to claim, they are the ones who will suffer.
    • Posted

Claiming JSA is not a sickness benefit. Those that are still currently claiming DLA and were under the age of 65 on 8th April 2013 WILL eventually be asked to apply for PIP. If your "friend" is recieving a benefit that she's not entitled to then she will be refused PIP. PIP is much harder to claim than DLA ever was and this was one of the reasons they changed it to PIP, to expose those people who weren't entitled to it.

I still do not see your point in joining a forum to post this. If i had a friend like you then i'm sorry i wouldn't be calling you a friend.

• Posted

Let's hope so, as I said before have a look at the benefit fraud thread, that explains more of what I meant. And believe me, what I said here I already said to her. We will just agree to disagree.

• Posted

I have looked and you haven't explained anything. I'll stick by what i've said multiple times. To think that you joined a forum to post about this. Yes we will indeed have to agree to disagree. Have a good day.

• Posted

Thanks! Totally agree with your post too, well said!
  • Posted

She takes seizures coz she has a life threatening illness people have lots of addictions usually through traumatic events in life i have watched mates die in agony through alcohol who have tried endlessly to kick it but cant either through lack of strength or just beaten into the ground so u have no right 2 judge coz ur green eyes cant get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.