Friends

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I have recently been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder and depression (no I haven't had loads of tests I am choosing to believe the 3 drs I have seen)

I have found being signed off work that I am isolated and lonely locked in my own head all day I wondered if anyone else felt the same all my friends seem to have disappeared and was looking to make some email friends or something would be nice to talk to like minded people put a bit of a spark in each day.

If anyone would like to make friends let me know look forward to hearing from anyone

Linzi

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There aren't loads of tests to have for anxiety, typically a Dr will just diagnose. This is generally why being signed off work isn't often a good idea. Anyone even without anxiety would withdraw with no external stimuli. Try and keep your sick time to an absolute minimum and get back to work as soon as you can. Think about it, if your feeling no better being off work, then why be off work?

• Posted

everyones anxiety is different no 2 people are the same i just thought making new friends would be nice the dr thinks it best signed off at the moment so will listen to him thanks for reply
  • Posted

Hey when I first started with my anxiety I felt the same I felt like I had no friends and when I really needed them they weren't there I would gladly be an email friend for you if you need one. It is the worst thing to go through it all on your own and now having people around me to support me I know how it feels to feel completely alone. Feel free to Send me a private message if you want

Bekki

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.