Friggin Relapsed Bad at 20 months !!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was doing so well ... mini workouts most evenings not painting the town yet but went out last Sunday for dinner relapsed Monday Weds and then Friday Tues and Thurs ok .

. ive had a day here and there of relapses in last few months but not like this!

i feel like im back at the beginning ! ive done sooooo much resting even when feeling ok . Crap is this ever over?????? !!!!!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh Lori so sorry to hear you've had this setback, I hope and pray that's all it is just a temporary setback. I'm believing that for you today. You've been through an awful time and just keep remembering that God is right there in the midst of all this and is for you and going to get you through this.

I've had terrible new issues with nerve pain and just not feeling at all well this past 6 weeks or so, it's been an awful time and I've just been praying to God that He will help me get back on track too.

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you Lori, and just to encourage you that I had some times like this even after I started to feel much better from mono, and it felt so awful and scary and intense at the time but in no way did it turn out to be anything like before, things settled down within a few weeks and got back on track again - this can happen during mono and in NO WAY will you be back to the beginning - your body is already well down the road of fighting this thing and nullifying it for good, and I hope, pray and believe this will just be a temporary setback - hang in there and just take it slowly and rest when you need to. Prayers for you Lori, in Jesus name.

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig .... i feel absolutely awful ! worst ive felt i many many months . its so disheartening . so sick of it !!!

ive had a day here and there feeling bad but just one day ... this is a FULL ON relapse .

• Posted

That's awful Lori I'm still thinking about you and praying for you....it's so hard I know I wish it was easier to understand it all but I still believe in my heart that you're going to get through this and God has good and healthy times ahead for you even though I know it must seem so far away right now 😦

Craig

• Posted

Think I'm about 20 months in and still have relapses. The last few months is the best I've felt, but if I over do it, I seem to get hard with cold/flu like symptoms for 24 to 48 hours and then it disappears. Just recently I've had a stomach bug which last a few days, started with aches all over my body and then two days of dreaded toilet visits. After it cleared though it felt like I've gone back to the early days of glandular fever where I feel slightly spaced out, dull headache and a just a general feeling of unwell ness. I'm assuming the later part is the fatigue of my immune system fighting the stomach bug. Just hoping this feeling doesnt last too long, as recently my body has managed to cope quicker with most things, in comparison to the first year of glandular fever where it took weeks/months to recover from a symptom.

• Posted

yes thats exactly how i explained it ...like the feeling i had many months ago !

ive had a few relapses if ive been out at night but they have only lasted one day?

but yes me too been stable for a while now ...even doing mini workouts most evenings .

this feels like ive taken a million steps backward and i was so sure i was on my way out of this nightmare ! praying this AWFUL feeling doesnt last long .. the feeling in the morning is HORRENDOUS Like the worst black cloud and ill feeling . wears off by evening but still terrible .

• Posted

Hoping that you are doing okay Dodge, just wanted you to know was thinking about you when I seen your name and message come up. Very much hoping this bug passes over quickly. Hang in there, still rooting for everyone on here.

Craig

• Posted

Keeping you in my prayers Lori. Still holding onto hope and faith that this setback is going to be pass over and that things will stabilise again. Praying for that in Jesus' name and agreeing with your prayers for healing today.

Craig

• Posted

thank you craig! yes last 2 days much better . boy it was scary to go through all those awful symptoms again .. been through them for maybe one day but not so long like this time .

a reminder that im 'not there yet' and need more rest !

• Posted

So pleased to hear the last couple of days have been much better Lori, hoping very much this can be you on your way to being on the right track with everything again. My experience was that these kind of lapses and episodes can happen during that first 1-2 years after initial infection, but that everything settled down again quickly and without any long term issues thankfully.

Still rooting for you, still being going through it myself at the moment so, just hoping and praying for a better 2020 for all of us.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig....thankfully it has cleared away, both stomach bug and the weird feeling in my head. I did panic I went back 12 months, but my body manages to recover alot quicker now, but yes I seem to get every bug under the sun at the moment .

• Posted

Great Dodge that the stomach bug and weird feeling in your head has cleared up now. It's only understandable when you get hit with something again that you worry about going back the way with everything, I know I went through episodes exactly the same when recovering from mono.

My experience was that the first year or two things were still a bit fragile but my body grew stronger and stronger as time went on, so hang in there your body won't always be so susceptible to catching things it's resilience absolutely will come back more and more as time progresses.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.