Frighten

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi, girls, anyone gets frighten by the slightest of things..somebody only got to mention there was accident and my heart takes off errr..I went to the surgery and i don't feel to relax sitting always looking for something to happen or doing a research in the mind to find something wrong with me.my mind races with thoughts of kinds of negative things, I'm trying to change it and tell myself nothing wrong with me. I hate hear about anyone sick.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes constantly thinking the worse if someone is late etc  and thinking of scenarios that might happen. Cant take lifts, planes and fear even trains! Living in London so terrorism has also not helped. Meditation apps are good - Barry McDonaghs DARE program also good for fear

• Posted

Hi Maria ,  since the last year I've had health anxiety .  Started when I started peri menopause .  I avoid any conversation or programmes that have anything to do with health , especially cancer .  I am having a colonoscopy on Friday & my heart rate is through the roof thinking about it .  I try looking on you tube for relaxing ideas to help . 

• Posted

Hi Therese, I'm having bowel scope test in January don't know if that's the same thing,and yes I avoid all programmes on TV that scares me too.do not think about the percedure just let the day come put your clothes and go,that how I go to things I block it from my mind because if you keep thinking about it your not going to go so block it out you can do it.

• Posted

Yep, that's me in a nutshell. Even when commercials come on television talking about cancer or some other disease I mute the television or change channel. Prayers for your colonoscopy. Don't worry, you'll be fine. I know it doesn't help much, but I had one and all was ok.

• Posted

Thats just classic peri... when you get a sudden crash of hormones your body releases more adrenaline and cortisol to try and compensate for the loss. Yes these things keep your nody running but they are also your stress hormones so they make you feel really on edge, cant sit still, easily startled, your mind is overwhelmed with these extra stress hormones so it over reacts to the slightest thing too.. so you get run away thoughts , health anxiety etc.

Just try and remember thats this is not you.. its just your body trying to balance things out. It does eventually.. but it takes time for things to settle. You can try beta blockers as these block Adrenalin and help with all the physical stuff, and when that calms down then you can get on top of your thoughts easier.

• Posted

Hi, I don't take anything for the menopause because it effects your hormones then when you stop it gets worst so I try to get through it daily thank you for replying..hope you get better very soon.

• Posted

beta blockers are not hormones... they are a type of medicine used to help with anxiety and panic and fast heart rate smile They will have no effect on your hormone levels but will help you cope with the anxiety and panic and help control palpitations/fast heart rate thats makes you feel unwell.
    • Posted

Hi littleme, ok..my Dr don't think nothing of it she just say it racing..today was a not a bad I manage to go out and do stuff another time it's push through the door,but I will ask my Dr about those meds TY 

• Posted

I try not to get 'all worked over' things..  But today I opened a X-mas card with a nice family photo and I got irritated.  Why I don't know except maybe I'm jealous that I didn't send a nice family photo myself.  I just hate the way I feel about certain things.

• Posted

Bowel scope sounds like the same thing. I'm having mine due to bowel change habits , being constipated 1 minute & diorrhea the next & having blood in my stool . Can't help overthinking 🙈 I know I have to get it done for my sons sake if not my own . I have to look after myself for him . I hope yours goes ok & results are normal .  Good luck .

• Posted

Hi, the reason my doctor might have sent me is because I'm over 55 and I had a itch up the rear going and coming..can you tell me what they do it doesn't matter if it's gross talk Lol.

• Posted

Hi Maria, I know this maybe late, but i read your message and it so discrib me to t. I worry alot and now menopause make it even worst, i worry about everything and any little pain or unwell feeling i may have. I always think the worst ..but God is able to help you though, i just ask him to give me peace of mind and he as.
    • Posted

hynacinth, no late for me always like people to reply and yes I put my hands to God and I beg him daily to get through any and everything he is who we have to depend on..how are you doing now lately.
  • Posted

Hi Maria, totally relate with you. Since jan 2016 i have been having anxiety problems  and fear everything. I have developed health anxiety so every little twinge makes me think i have some awful disease. I had bloods done 3 weeks ago didnt hear anything so assume all fine, today get a letter to go and have repeat bloods b12 and folate so googled and now im thinking the worst case senario. I used to be a positive persone not any more x
    • Posted

Hi, I try and stay away from Mr google it tells you one page your fine on the next it's bad news..keep away because you always have fear and worry..I just had few bloods done by self so far they happy with results, all I would like is good nights sleep again with out waking up it does start the day on a good foot, but it seem everybody is like this in menopause so I think it will stop with time..good lucjk with your bloods I'm sure your fine Hugs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.