Frightened Myself badly today!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I am six and a half weeks post op, this morning out walking Rosie and the next thing I know I am flat on the floor, gosh did it hurt. redface It has jarred everything so have had to take painkillers, have not had to do that all the way through!  My surgeon's words keep ringing in my ears '6 - 8 weeks is the danger zone because you get too cocky!'  Don't you hate it when they are right!  Still I am fine, just a bit bruised!  

Love

Jacqui rolleyes

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh no please take it easy for a bit. You'vebeen doing so well! Did you pass out or trip? Take care xx
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

Thanks Froggy.  It was my own fault, I tend to point things out to Rosie (I chat away to her as we walk along, I know I'm mad but I enjoy it!) I was looking at the sheep tending to their lambs and showing Rosie, so I think I missed my footing, the paths are very uneven on the lanes where I live.   

Still I will be more careful now.  He! he! It might be better if I had four legs like the animals, I would be a bit more stable then!

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

I am guessing Rosie is your hound?

That was my initial frustration because my exercise had been based around walking my 5st Boxer. He is reallyb good off the lead but it wasn't fair to let him think he would get a decent walk in the first couple of weeks.

Thanks for the shared advice about cockiness in Week 6-8.

I was advised by the Consultant that Week 2 turns you into angry toddler .

There was truth there last week was 1 good day followed by 1 bad day the next. Getting there now in Week 3.

fFalling over is no fun at the best of times but then post op I guess we all have visions of damage to healing wounds. Would have been better if you had a bottle of brandy as an excuse???

Best wishes for continued good recovery.

Debs

• Posted

Hi Debs

Sorry yes Rosie is my Shih Tzu.  I ramble on about her so much I assume everyone knows her!  Your Boxer sounds lovely, what is his name?  You were very wise not to walk him properly for the first couple of weeks. It is a big strain on your stomach muscles.  I started walking Rosie after being home a couple of days, mainly because my hubby is very unwell and he was really pushing himself to walk her 4 times a day.  I would not attempt to walk any other dog, but Rosie was rescued from a puppy mill, and I had to virtually teach her to walk again and restore her muscle tone, hence she is so bonded to me she walks at whatever space I set and she is like walking cotton wool!  

He! he! it seems every week of post recovery comes with some warning, which I can understand because I have felt so fit right from Day 1 it is hard to remember you have had major surgery.  

How are you feeling in yourself?  Are you able to walk far yet?  I was so worried about not being able to do my keep fit, but have been walking in the woods lots (very enjoyable) and doing flights of stairs every day, increasing as I go along, so I am very pleased with my progress.

He! he! falling was one of my worst nightmares. still at least it was not one Week 1 - and no damage done thank goodness, I think I was more frightened of undoing all the good work!  I would have loved a brandy to pull me round, trouble is I am allergic to alcohol, how boring is that!  It happened when I lived in Spain, I think I was enjoying the lovely red wine too much! 

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

OMG Jacqui. 

I hope you are ok. What a fright you must have given yourself. 

I bet Rosie got a fright too. 

I do hope you have not done any damage. 

I was pushing a trolley today in Markys and it got stuck and I banged my belly into the handle. That was sore too. 

It's strange as you sometimes forget what your body has been through. 

Please rest up today. Let me know how you are tomorrow. Sometimes next day you feel worse. 

Sending love from me, Max and poppy xxxx

• Posted

Hi Lee

Yes thanks I am fine.  I just really frightened myself, in case I had undone all the marvellous work of my surgery.  Yes poor Rosie was very frightened, I dropped her lead, so I was shouting 'stay' as I hit the pavement, I think she thought 'I had lost it completely!'  

Ouch, I bet that really stung on your poor belly.  I hope you weren't getting heavy shopping!  Marks have such lovely things on their shelves very tempting.  I have Tesco Home Shopping, how lazy is that, but I love it being brought straight into my kitchen!  Trouble is we think we are completely mended but it does not take much to show you that you still have to be careful.  

I've just been for a long stroll with Rosie to see the chickens and walk in the woods.  We live very near Anmer so everyone is keeping an eye out for the Royal Couple and baby!  Actually the only Royal I ever see is Prince Philip, he is always around the Sandringham grounds when they are here.  He is amazing for his age.  

How are you doing Lee? Are you feeling much better now, I hope so.  

Rosie sends her love and licks to Max and Poppy and to tell them she managed to get Daddy to give her some ice cream behind Mummy's back (I don't miss anything though!)

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

Ha ha I can imagine you shouting on Rosie whilst lying on ground. Dogs are always our most important thoughts. If only they could help you up. 

How exciting living near Anmer. I love royal family. I watched the TV for the whole day when Princess Charlotte was born. How lovely was Prince George. He is such a cutie. 

I love Markys. I spend all my money there. Max and poppy love their,chicken and bacon strips. Spoiled doggies. 

I am feeling better. 6 weeks post op on wed. I am back to docs on Tuesday. Don't think I'm quite ready for work yet but feeling stronger. Still tired though and my back aches a lot. 

Max and Poppy love ice cream. How ruined are our wee doggies Jacqui. 

Remember and update me tomorrow on now you are feeling. 

Feet up this evening. 

Love 

lee x

• Posted

Hi Lee 

He! he! I don't know about help me up, I think Rosie was debating whether to lie down with me!  When I stop and talk to someone, she immediately lays down, as if to say 'I'm so used to this!'

Oh yes Prince George is so sweet.  The grand house they have moved into is out of this world, they have had a lot of work done to it over the past year, it looks fantastic.  

Nothing like Marks to pamper your pooches.  I got Rosie a Doggie puzzle which she loves to do, Ian thinks it might have something to do with the fact that I fill it with salmon!  What are we like!  When I worked at Eagle Star we used to get Luncheon Vouchers (now I'm showing my age!) and it was always straight to Marks for a feast!  

Glad to hear you are feeling better.  No need to rush back to work, best to make sure your body is ready first.  

No problems from the fall yesterday thank goodness not even a bruise.  He! he! I shall concentrate on where I'm going now and stop if I want to show Rosie something!  

Have just done my 35 flights of stairs so resting with a play on the computer before walkies time for Rosie.  

I noticed on your posts yesterday you were from Dundee.  Our next door neighbours in Spain were from there.  They used to come out about 5 times a year, as soon as they arrived it was clothes off and up to the solarium, they never moved until the sun went in.  They used to tell me how they loved Dundee, but it was just the weather they were not happy with.  Hope you are getting some sunshine at the moment.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Jacqui. 

Glad to hear you are well after your fall yesterday. 

I was out with my dad this morning. Back driving but still feeling a bit vulnerable. Scar still dodgy so will see doc on Thursday. I am going through to Edinburgh on Saturday to see shrek with all my pals. There are 14 of us going so I,do hope I am not back on antibiotics again. 

Yes when we go abroad we sit in the sun all the time ha ha. 

No it is raining today - boo 

never mind. 

Dogs are enjoying my company. Don't think I can go back to work now and leave them. They would be so sad

lee xx

• Posted

Hi Lee

What a fantastic idea, give up work and stay home with Poppy and Max, I love it, bet they would too!

So glad you are back driving.  You are making great strides in recovery now.  Hope there is nothing too nasty going on with your scar.  Hopefully the doctor on Thursday will put your mind at rest.  

Sounds like you are going to have a wow of a time on Saturday, it will do you good.  

Oh dear not more rain!  We have had lovely sunshine but we cannot lose this gusty wind!  

Love and cuddles to Max and Poppy.

Love

Jacqui lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.