From 7.5mg to 30mg mirtazapine

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm currently on 7.5 mg of mirtazapine but would it be OK to just jump to 30mg tonight? The past few weeks I've had terrible anxiety and its getting me down

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. No I dont think its a good idea. You should always increase medications gradually and with caution. It can give you really bad side effects and make you feel even worse. Did you talk about it with doctor ? X
  • Posted

That's a massive jump, personally I wouldn't do it, I went from 30mg to 45mg and felt horrendous!!

• Posted

I have to agree with other replies.That is too big a jump.Increase in increments. You need to do this in association with GP.Talk to them on the phone if appointments are diff to get.I wish you well.
  • Posted

Hi Pamela, like the others say it's too big a jump and could make you feel even worse. 

Speak to your GP about how you are feeling and take it from there.

You could do with something for your anxiety on a short term basis whilst you get on a stable dose of mertazapine. Neil 

• Posted

Thanks for all your replies will call my doctor tomorrow 😊

• Posted

Good luck 😗let us know how it goes. We are here for you ??

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

I agree with others, but would also add that I was on 45mg and suffering extreme anxiety on that. When I reduced the dose I started to improve. It wasn't good for my anxiety at all.

• Posted

I cannot tolerate any more than 22.5 and have come back down but not found a solution, have you?
  • Posted

And keep in mind that Mirt can be difficult to get off of as well. I went from 15 to 30 mg to get me healing faster and it took me a full year to taper down from 30 mg. I wish I had thought if that when I went up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.