From cast to boot.

Posted , 3 users are following.

have had cast off!  Now in boot for last week.  To have the cast  removed that was so tight has been a relief,  the down side is I can see my foot on a regular basis, yuk.  I'm sure this foot belongs to  a prehistoric  monster.......   I'm sure I'll never get a shoe on again. The good thing is that the pain is a bit less, great.   Please tell me that  this thing on the end of my leg will eventually  regain some form of normality. Happy and pain free new year to all you out there. It's so good to feel that others are in the boat.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anita. It's good to hear that you are on the last leg of this journey( no joke intended lol ) I'm getting very itchy today so I guess that could be a good sign that the nerve endings must be working ok! I was made up to see this forum TBH because you all know what it feels like, unlike some of my family who are expecting me to still run around after them, and be on my feet all day.... Happy New Year to you and yours and everyone on here too, here's to a healthier 2015 eh x
    • Posted

Glad someone else has a family like mine who expect me to still be on my feet all day running around after them. Im on my last two weeks with the surgical boot  and im so pleased with the result that im going to have my other foot done asap.  Happy new year to everyone 
  • Posted

I also asked the surgeon if he would do my other foot maybe near Easter time and then after that I'm going to ask if he can do my hip? My left hip has been bad for years and I've had my allowed quota of injections, but it has taken quite a lot of pressure these past couple of weeks with the weight bearing being on my left side. I can't lie on either hip with the pain so maybe that's next on the list and I'll get the other foot done later in the year. Arthritis !!! It's taken over from top of spine right down to my toes so now I've got one foot fixed, I'm aiming to be the bionic woman lol.
  • Posted

I couldn't look at mine for a long time it made me sick but everything is healed up now and it not bad looking 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.