from celexa to zoloft.. still depressed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there, i've been taking citalopram (celexa) since january for anxiety and panic attacks. I started with 10 mg for a week, then i upped to 20 mg the dose in the 2nd week. I started feeling good, the anxiety and depression were no more in my life, until one month later, in which i got depressed again. i upped to 30 mg. Nothing. then after several weeks i upped to 40 mg, and this seemed to don't work as well. So, my doc said me to stop citalopram and i passed to Sertraline (Zoloft). I started with 25 mg for a week, then i upped to 50 mg. It passed 2 weeks since i started to take Zoloft, and i see no improvement at all. I need a reassurance. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Please, i need help, i have no hope right now, it's been a while since i was joyful for my life.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

you’ve only been on Zoloft for two weeks. Give it more time to work. 4 to 6 weeks.most medications are not going to take away 100% of anxiety or depression.you have to work at it also. Consider speaking with a counselor who can help you do that.

• Edited

During the first month of citalopram i felt amazing, but then it stopped working all of a sudden. i upped the dose two more times but i felt literally nothing. I am in a state of apathy from february and i don't even remember how being joyful is. I lost motivation, happiness, energy and libido. Even if i started zoloft, i'm not noticing a change, like if nothing is going on into my brain. I just hope it will get better in a few weeks...

• Posted

i recently had to change from mitrazapine to sertraline due to having a baby and my old medication doubling as a sleep aid. i started on 50mg and was put up to 100mg after a week and tomorrow will be starting 150mg. as some one who has been on these a few tears prior i will admit it takes some time to get into your system but i promise you when it does you will start to feel your self again. if you feel its not working quick enough though speak to your doctor they may decide to up the dose for you. i hope you start to feel better soon. stay strong 😃

• Edited

hi Owen! when did zoloft kick in for you? how long was between your dosage titration, from 100 to 150?

• Posted

hi Jason, i refuse to take any antidepressants as they don't work. for anxiety and panic attacks you would be better off seeing a counselling/mental health service. i would see if your area has such a service. ask a doctor separately.

• Edited

Sorry to hear you've been struggling jason. I've been on zoloft for 8 months now. I'm up to 150 mg and have definitely noticed a change in my life! give it some time (it took longer than 2 weeks for me to notice a change) and talk to your doctor about maybe increasing your dose. you have to work up to a higher dose so hang in there! I hope it all works out for you 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.