From lexapro to Prozac

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm new hear I'm 25 and have been diagnosed with Pure O OCD a few years back . . I was on lexapro for about 4 years and was doing good up until my dad died I became pregnant had my baby and it all came crashing down 😟 I suffered for about 6 month post partum before I decided to get help! I went for help and I have tried different thraphy ect my baby is now 9 months old and my physiatrist decided many we could try Prozac because I thought lexapro no longer worked for me .. So I started to come Down From 20mg lex to 10mg for 1 week and then started 20mg Prozac now I had withdrawals from lexapro such as brain zaps headcaes ect .. For the first few days on peozac were great I had no anxiety and was pretty cool, but day 6 I could feel my anxiety slowly go up as I felt nervous and just out if source 😟 my appetite has changed and bowl movements my intrusive thoughts have rocketed trough the roof leaving me feeling anxiety for hours on end I feel very restless can't sit still yet when I try to cry I can't cry my thoughts change I feel like I'm gonna have a nervous breakdown and never ever get better when I think about never getting better I have a full blown attack I'm shakey and just not my self its day 10 I no its early but I never had anything like this with the lexapro I can't focus on anything my mind is raceing all the time I pray and pray that this is just start up effects and it will work 😟 my head is like mashed potatoe I wish to god I was a normal functioning person why me 😟

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't be hard on yourself, there is no such thing as a normal functioning person, some people appear to be in top of everything but the truth is we all have our problems, as for not being able to cry I find the lack of emotion a good send it means I can look at an issue and deal with it without anxiety and way to many emotions getting in the way, so much easier like yourself I tried anti depressants when my baby was 9 months only took them for 2 days and couldn't function with them, then 10 years on after struggling daily with lots off stress and anxiety becoming a part of daily life I carried on till I hit an all time low 10 weeks ago, I'm now on 20 mg on week 10 looking back I know I have been ill for the last 10 years and hadn't realised so stick with it babe I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run, Prozac does knock you for 6 with side effects the first 6 weeks are the worse so if your doing this your gonna need support with your young one don't be afraid to ask for help this was always my problem, goodluck Hun xxx

• Posted

Hi Lisa its day 13 and my anxiety is high as ever I can't do anything I feel physically ill I can't leave the house and am just having constant anxiety nervousness I feel like I'm Gona go crazy 😟

• Posted

Your in the middle of the hardest time the first 4 weeks are the worst, what your experiencing are the horrible side effects but it has to get worse before it gets better just know this means the drug is working and it will pass, hang on in there your not on your own xx
    • Posted

Hi Hun, I'm doing good, life has thrown so much at me recently I don't know how I've survived lol, still feeling tired but mainly my fault as I didn't take my meds Monday night as I was in hospital after my daughter crashed her car! Luckily she's only bruised but at a time when I'd have an anxiety attack or would have broken down at the road side I'm proud to say I held it together Drs put me on repeat prescription for 6 months but I'm doing well called into my old work today to be told I look fantastic and so much less stressed so I guess I'm well on the road to recovery x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.