Frontal Sinusitis - Visual vestibular mismatch?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if Visual Vestibular Mismatch can be from Sinus infection? I've had 2 CT scans and 2 MRI's 1.5 years apart, both showed 'thick' frontal sinusitis. So I know I have it, but these newer symptoms are concerning. 

Example: If I am looking at something stationary and the tv or something is moving in the background it will make me feel very dizzy and sick, I can't drive it's that bad. 

Vertigo - When standing sometimes my vision will move. 

Sometimes when the head pressure is really bad a car that is stopped will appear like it might be moving.

No balance, I am constantly rocking side to side I realise and can’t walk very straight

Other symptoms (typical ones):

Constant head pressure

Sore Neck

Headaches

Tried:

Antibiotics x 30+ Days made no difference

Nose spray – 6 months daily, 3 months medical, 3 months sea spray

Pseudoephedrine – HIGHLY allergic to 

Ear wash at GP’s

I've done a MRI after these treatments and it showed that these made no difference, it was exactly like the one 1.5 years before. Got an ENT appointment but here that's 6 months earliest.. really I just want to know if this is a Sinus problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi WickedGame,

I got my chronic sinusitis since 8 years old and now I'm 39 and I'm still suffering from it. I tried loads of therapies including a surgery 20 years ago but unfortunately it came back again.

I'm not here to share a bad news with you but I do started have your symptoms a few months ago. I feel tired all the time and I feel dizzy from time to time that I found it difficult to focus my vision and things look like moving sometimes. I did have the balancing problem too but it comes and goes and it's gone for a few months. I don't know how did it go but I didn't take any pills or medicine to deal with it. Perhaps my regular exercises like yoga and meditation helped a bit.

The only thing I can say is you are not alone. Although I have no idea how to get rid of it, perhaps we should stay positive first and try to live with it. I do believe anything physical symptoms are mostly results of mental or emotions and somehow we need to believe our health is in our hands but not in doctors hands. I don't have a proof nor a solution sorry but you're not alone. All the best.

Ming

• Posted

Sorry to hear your struggle. Yeah i've other health issues, probably all playing a role somewhere, need to get the major things fixed to solve the other things I think. Thanks for your reply

• Posted

I started vestibular problems with the onset of perimenopause. I also started sth that seems like severe environmental allergies at the same time. I get vertigo, I get dizziness, loss of balance, vision problems, tiredness, post nasal drip, sinus problems, neck tension etc. The vertigo and dizziness is present during spring, summer, fall season, usually subsides in winter. I learned that the only thing that works is nasal Euphorbium-homeopatic spray, saline spray, daily hot showers, hot air blowing from dryer, and - the most important accupressure on the head andd face-which relieves the trapped phlegm. I also use an electric massage chair an massage my neck, shoulders and head (yes-head) with it. It i s strong and it gets most of the trigger points that release the phlegm. I find the spots for accupressure by pressing on points on head and face and feeling if there is tenderness. When I feel tenderness I press-untill the phlegm flows down my throat. Otherwise it will not. I usually feel an immediate relief, and go to another spot. I also drink a lot of water with potassium supplement in it, it helps liquify thee phlegm. It has been a 3 year struggle so far.
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that, the spray isn't doing it but then you can see my frontal sinuses are very blocked in a CT and MRI, i just can't find anything on the issues i'm having with it, but i guess that's step one. 

Have you been to an ENT yeah?

• Posted

I don't go to ENT anymore, because they can't help. I cannot take antihistamines or decongestants. I dont think my frontal sinuses get clogged often, if they do I use accupressure and the spray to unclog them. I stopped eating diary and anything fermented. Dairy was an instant cause of more stuffiness.  Visual mismatch is caused by the frontal sinises issu, but vertigo is caused by ear canals blocked by swelling of mucous membranes.   I also tried IV fluids on 2 ocassions, which greatly helped to evacuate a lot of the gunk from my siniuses. I was notable to achieve that by jus drinking a lot of fluids.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.