Frozen feet & tingling fingers!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since my TIA last December I have been aware of having very cold feet and painfully tingly fingers. I was advised to take a daily multi-vitamin with iron but having run out several days ago and not taken one, my feet and hands feel ok again!! Could it be the multi-vit pill? Has anyone else had the same or similar experience? Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi aneta,

​I have experienced feet problems since my last TIA, actually it's my toes, they feel like they are curling down and feel weird, to look at them  there  are a couple of toes that are curling down but the rest look fine. To be honest I'm not one for vitamins, I hate swallowing any kind of pills at the best of times  smile

​No doubt vitamin supplements have their role in keeping us healthy but I hear you have to constantly be on your toes if you start a new vitamin supplement/pill or medication for various conditions that they don't react/counter react with each other, I think it has something to do with ingredients in each other, don't know, just that my GP tells me that even though they have their place I have to be aware that they could intereact with my medication, usually they have warnings on the labels , it's usually in the fine print on the label.

• Posted

Hello Anita, was your TIA diagnosed, did it follow a major stroke? Have you been prescribed any blood thinners (like warfarin or Asprin) if so you need to be very careful as multi vitamins will interact with those. 

Check on the Drug Interaction database on this site. 

Pauline

• Posted

i will try doing as you suggest, I have freezing cold hand and tingling leg.  Had stroke 8 weeks ago
    • Posted

Hello Anne, 

It's not uncommon to have cold hands when taking warfarin ( don't know about other thinners) 

Aneta was telling us her experience after stopping multi vitamins was the cold feet and tingling stopped. She doesn't tell us if she is taking blood thinners. My advice was to be very careful of mixing multi vits with warfarin. They are known to interact.

I had my stroke 3 years ago, hope your recovery goes well.

Pauline

• Posted

Hi! Yes I take a blood thinner so I really appreciate your advice. Another day without nasty fingers and feet!

Cheers.

• Posted

Hi ,

Had Raynauds diagnosed for pins & needles & cramps but when stopped simvastatin never had it since.Have stopped replacement statin re: temporary spacity spasms in back to find improvement  .If driving on motorway over an hour one hands starts to  feel numb.

Recently have noticed  via forums here and usa a lot of these problems can be connected to vasculitus [ heart] but the Doctors that can diagnose cannot be found .Could this be because of remits & considered not acute so low priority .This policy does not make sense.

• Posted

Hi,

Do your fingers and toes turn white and then blue and then very red? You may have Raynaulds Phenomenon. It is extremely painful depending on the frequency of it turning. Magnesium and Vitamin D3 can help with this, however, with your history I would strongly advise that you ask your doctor prior to taking these supplements, as they can interfer with some medications.

I hope you find relief from whatever is going on. If you do have Raynaulds, some suggestions would be to keep your extremities warm with socks and gloves, i.e., have a pair of gloves handy next to your ice box and put them on prior to getting out any items..especially the freezer. In the States, some utility companies offer reductions in your bill due to this disease. You may check it in your country. Keeping your stress levels down also aides in keeping instances down to a minimum. I've also found that eating sweets and processed food that contain high levels of dyes (like red) also bring on more instances. Raynaulds is also a prime indication of Lupus. Again, please have a doctor confirm or reject Raynaulds as it can also be a warning of vascular blockages, heart issues, etc.

I hope this helps some, but I sincerely hope it's not Raynaulds for your sake. It's not very pleasant. .to say the least. Best wishes in your endeavor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.