Frozen in Germany

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I just signed up for this group and hope for advice and exchange of experiences. I am 45, male and from Berlin, Germany. Therefore, please understand should I do not express myself 100% correctly.

I've had pain in my left arm for six months now, which is bearable but annoying. I can sleep, but I can't lie on my left arm. The limitation of mobility is currently not dramatic. The only dramatic thing is my fear that it could get a lot worse. Now I am taking oral cortisone (prednisolone). Three weeks of impact therapy. Today after 6 days it's only got a little better with the pain. 

Do you know if impact therapy with cortisone has a chance of success? And can you estimate whether the freezing phase lasts even longer, given that the pain (inflammation) phase began already 6 months ago? Of course I would be very relieved if the mobility would not deteriorate any more. 

Grateful for all the advice!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a frozen shoulder after a fall. My experience is a little different because I have a slap tear and rotator muscle strain but I will tell you about my frozen shoulder experience in hope that it can help you.

It took me 9 months to recover....I was in almost constant pain. I used rubbing menthol creams and tramadol for pain. I did very slow physical therapy and pendulum exercises twice daily. I iced every few hours.

I think what helped me was time.....lots of time to heal and the daily pendulum exercises....it really opened up the area.

Slow and steady with your stretching and keep pushing on.

If you haven't gotten an MRI I highly recommend you do so to make sure that frozen shoulder is all your fighting here. Hate to injury yourself more

• Posted

Brian, I agree with Nicole push your physician for a MRI for a  definite diagnosis. I was diagnosed with rotator cuff tear-bilateral. I knew was BS  but I have to play the game and go through therapy which was the wrong therapy for frozen shoulder.  I work in the medical field for over 30 years now I really have never heard of frozen shoulder before this ... I will tell you   Long term steroid use does have a lot of side effects so be careful with your prednisone. 

Best of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.