Frozen section???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Just curious and wondering if  all that have ovarian cyst/ mass removed along with ovary , had a frozen section performed during surgery ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

I had a cyst and both ovaries and tubes removed.  I’m one month post op.  I don’t know what a frozen section is and it was never mentioned so I don’t think I had one.   Hope that helps.  

• Posted

A frozen section is done during surgery if they see something suspicious .they actually send a piece of it to pathology while you are under Anestesia .i guess to see  if they need to remove more in the area ..I didn't have one because dr didn't think my tumor or whatever the helk it is didn't look suspicious ..10 days later though and I still don't have pathology report .very stressful waiting

• Posted

I had my left ovary and tube removed 2 months ago and i didn't have a frozen section perform they only do that if it is something wrong and the cancer doctors where in the room with me in case it was something different while i was under the anesthesia so they can take it outhope everything goes well

• Posted

Hi

My surgery was done by a gyno - oncologist and he didn't think it looked suspicious ..what was it that you had and how long before you got your final result?

• Posted

Mine was done by my gyn doctor and she had told my husband and daughter right after the surgery that everything went fine and she also told me after my 2 week check up i had my left overy and tube taken out from a enlarge cyst
  • Posted

Hi i was booked to have a frozen section, i had a ca125 of 211 and something suspicious on my MRI.

Have they said you need one or have you had one? X

• Posted

I had the surgery already .no frozen section done ..mri did not specify malignancy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.