Frozen shoulder

Posted , 8 users are following.

have had this vile condition since last December am waiting for Mri scan and injection on 26 th July had two cortisone injections have done nothing.  Would like to know how sufferers sleep I sleep on average 2 hrs per night on pain tablets tried kalms no good don't want sleeping pills anyone got any tips?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Advil pm liquid gel caps, I have to take two on top of the pain meds, plus flexiril and I only sleep three hrs, if I move after I'm asleep I wake in severe pain and I hv already had surgery and hv been in therapy for four weeks I wish you all the best I wouldn't wish this condition on anyone
    • Posted

Thank you no one knows this pain unless they have got or suffered it.

the pain is bad enough but not sleeping is really causing problems for me I work full time in a busy cafe and am suffering. Will try you advice thank you hope you are pain free very very soon  gentle hug x

• Posted

HI Lynn, My pain relief came from the doctor. Amitriptaline or Baclofen. They gave me about 5 hours sleep a night which is better than constant hours of no sleep and then trying to hold down a job. I started to suffer Oct 2012 after a team build exercise which involved bowling. I am still not out the woods. Good luck with the pain. 
  • Posted

Hi Lynn... Sorry to hear that the cortisone shots didn't work for you... I had one that didn't work at all... it was injected into my arm at shoulder height, so from the side... all others were injected either in the front or back and they gave me almost instant relief.  I got my best sleep with "Tramadol" and well propped pillows on the Lazy Boy Recliner with one of those travel U shaped pillows for my neck.  Heat also helps and finding something you can do to distract your mind.  I learned online how to scrappbook using Photoshop Elements.. it was a life saver.
  • Posted

Hi Lynn,

It  truly is a vile condition ! I've been suffering since February. Have you heard of a hydraulition injection? I had it about 6 weeks ago! Amazing, it has taken away majority of pain apart from night time sleeping and waking up with it.But my god it's been an amazing improvement.its an injection look it up.

they do it on NHS. After saying all this though I have decided to have the surgery as it's still pretty frozen and my job is manual. Aaaargh!!!!! I feel like screaming at times it's been unbearable I have such sympathy for you Lynn. Look up injection lots of luck and big (gentle hug) you are not alone xx

• Posted

Hi Sara.

thank you for you reply am going for an mri scan on 26th July with a guided injection so fingers crossed I get some relief will ask about hydraulition injection hope you feel better very soon. Must say feel bette talking to people who know what we are going through. Take care x

• Posted

Oh no, I've just taken my first Kalm about half hour ago! Was really praying this would help.

Have been the same with between 1-3 hours sleep a night for so long!

On pain tablets which don't help and as you say don't want proper sleeping tablets.

Hope you get some advice that I can try too! 😀

Sorry not to be of any help!

• Posted

Hi Lynn.  I found rubbing tiger balm into my shoulder helps relieve the pain for a while so I can get to sleep.  You can buy it in the chemist.  I usually wake up again after a couple of hours - I might try a neck travel pillow that someone else suggested.  I rest my arm on a pillow next to me and try to stay flat on my back.  A couple of times this week I have got up in the night, put a bag of frozen peas on my shoulder and emptied the dishwasher.  I was able to get back to sleep eventually.  I haven't tried any prescription pain killing medication.  I have tried ibroprofen and paracetamol but I am not sure it makes any difference.  Alison.  
    • Posted

Have tried tiger balm now am on strong pain relief tramadol +anti inflammatory got mri scan Sunday and guided injection of cortisone so see how things go many thanks for all the suggestions in this vile condition x
  • Posted

I'm on my second round of frozen shoulder.  The first time I had that extreme can't-sleep pain for about 3 months, this time one month so far but I just found something that has caused an amazing change in only a week.  I started drinking home brewed kefir.  The first night after I drank it I woke up after six hours and best of all, the pain was a *lot* less.  After only a week of drinking it I'm able to sleep with barely any pain and the pain is growing less every day.  I don't know if this is just coincidence, or a cure that only worked for me or it actually will help everyone but I'm so excited about the discovery!
    • Posted

Hi there not to be stupid but what is kefir and where can I get it at this moment with just 2 hrs sleep am willing to try anything x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.