Frozen shoulder

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had surgery to repair torn rotator cuff and remove bone spur on my left shoulder on November 17 which was going on 18weeks this Friday. The surgeon would not give me anything for the pain at all since I had surgery, I have been to him several times since the surgery and all he has to tell me is that there is nothing that he can do and nothing he can give me for the pain, I have only been able to sleep between 1 to 2 hrs a night because of the pain, he told me to go to Walmart and purchase me some Tylenol PM. I don't have a proublem going to sleep I have a proublem with the pain waking me up and then I can't go back to sleep because of the pain.

I have been in physical therapy since I had the surgery and my shoulder was in cruciating pain every session I would go to. The surgeon had me stop going to physical therapy approximately 1 month ago, I went back to him 3 weeks ago and I told him that I would like to get another MRI to see what the proublem is. I went and got the MRI last week on Tuesday and went back to the Dr this past Tuesday. He told me that I have a frozen shoulder now and that I need to start physical therapy 3 times a week and go to a pain management Dr, he still won't give me anything for the pain and wants me to start physical therapy asap. If I try to move my left arm in any direction it almost brings me to my knees.

I hurt my shoulder at work and have a workers comp case worker that attends all Dr visits with me, her and I have requested a different Dr because of the way this one is. The workers comp adjuster refuses to let me change Dr's. Even though his owner case worker is requesting a different Dr. I have been through hell for the last going on 18 weeks, I have sent several emails begging for them to please get me into a different Dr. If I go to the hospital or any other Dr they refuse to pay for any Dr visits or medication that would be perscribed to me. I am about to go crazy with all this pain and not getting any sleep.

I have an attorney and he said that he would take them to court,but so far this has not happened. Is there anyone out there that knows any home remedies for pain that really works

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

OMG no pain meds, that is unheard of. Some people alternate Extra Strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. That didn't do anything for me but give it a try. I was told by my PT don't come if you haven't taken your pain meds. They are so worried about you getting hooked they are ignoring your pain. Might be worth it to see another doctor and pay for it yourself. Maybe your primary care doctor can help you out.This is a good forum I am sure someone can give you some ideas to try. I hope you find relief soon!

• Posted

I have tried so many different over the counter med's and creams and haven't been able to find anything at all that helps, I have only been able to sleep 1 to 2 hrs a night, I am thinking about a malpractice lawsuit against the surgeon

• Posted

Are you in the US?  How about topical CBD cream or CBD oil?   or just cannabis for the pain.  You have to sleep.

Been there, done that.  It's hell, i agree.

• Posted

I have tried everything except the cannabis , I can't have that in my system because they can call me at any time and have me take a ue. And if I have that in my system I loose my jobal and they won't have to pay for my medical treatments then. I got hurt at work and this is workers comp.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering.  I agree with the person that said go to your primary care doc-ask for pain reliever  -I found taking a muscle relaxer at bedtime to be helpful (methocarbamol).  I took meloxicam too-ibuprofen like drug, I would think it would work better than tylenol as it is an antiinflammatory.

Are you icing your shoulder?  And doing home stretches?  When I woke up in the middle of the night, I stretched and iced my shoulder and then could sleep for a few more hours.  

I found myofacial release and massage to be benficial, but don't expect anything to "fix" a frozen shoulder, it is a long haul, possibly with another surgery.  I had a capsular release and it worked miracles.  

Good luck and hang in there.

Some people on this site said acupuncture helped a lot too.

I just caught your comment about suing the surgeon-the surgeon didn't necesarily do anything wrong, he/she may not be giving you good care for the frozen shoulder, but that doesn't mean that the original surgery was poorly done.  You are going to incur personal expense from this-it is unfortunate, but don't think workmans comp is going to cover everything, it may seem unjust, and maybe it is, but your wellbeing is more important than being right.  So take action and just that will make you feel better.

Oh-and I found a little relief with a topical called musclease by Elemis.  Its a little pricey but a bottle goes a long way.

Good luck. 

• Posted

James

Have you gone to the president or the head of the Worker Comp?? 

And / Or / both/ 

To the president or head or your Union (at work)

You need to try and cause more s**te this way and get your issue known to these people if your doc/surgeon won’t give you meds!! It’s in-humane !!

• Posted

Well got the MRI done went to the appointment with the surgeon he told me that there are no new tares in my rotator cuff, that the only thing wrong is I now have a frozen shoulder, he wants me to start physical therapy again 3 times a week, I asked him what he was going to do about the pain I am in and not sleeping, he told me that he can't give me anything for the pain and I can go to Walmart and purchase me some Tylenol PM, same thing he has told me since the day he did the surgery. I told him that I would not be able to start physical therapy unless I get something done about this pain, so he told workers comp that I will need to go to pain management Dr, this was last week and nothing has been done yet, I also got a print out of the MRI the last two paragraphs of the report say CONCLUSION: focal partial thickness undersurface tear supraspinatus tendon, which appears slightly progressive when compared to prior exam.

When compared to prior exam,a near complete if not full thickness rotator cuff tear anterior leading edge supraspinatus tendon was noted previously. This suggests a recurrent tear to the deep surface focally at this level.

What a deal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.