Frozen shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

New to group.  Frozen shoulder since December.  Doctor immediately suggested surgery.  Think rather drastic.  Very tired of constant pain and not being able to sleep.  Nice to know I am not alone in this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You’re not alone Debbie and I feel your pain. I’m 3 months into the freezing phase and  can’t imagine another 3 months or longer of this relentless pain.  I wish I could jump to the frozen stage because I can live with reduced ROM. In the meantime I’ve tried every kind of pain meds, supplements, CBD oil and Physio - nothing works!  I’m seeing my doctor again day after tomorrow and going to ask about hydrodilitation.  

• Posted

My ortho doc never even told me what stage I was in!  I know any sudden movement puts me into seeing stars because of pain.  Bicep hurts, back of neck aches some days and it is constant frustration.  Never heard of treatment you are talking about and all I heard was artho surgery!!!

• Posted

My experience with doctors and surgeons is that they often know very little about specific conditions and guess at things more often than not.  There are a ton of resources on the web explaining the phases of Frozen Shoulder.  I do my own research and talk to other people who’ve learned from experience.  Hydrodilitation was mentioned here in another thread and I just googled it to find out more and it makes sense for me and where I’m at. I’d avoid surgery if you can help it - seems to me it sometimes makes things worse 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.