Frozen shoulder a year on and don't know what to do.....

Posted , 12 users are following.

feeling a bit deflated today, living in the UK ..... It's cold and damp and my shoulder is starting to play up again.

i injured it a year ag, beginning of the year I developed a frozen shoulder with a range of movement down to 20% I was in agony, decided to go privately as NHS was too long await and I couldn't work. Saw a consultant and in May I had a hydrolition injection, fantastic!!! It gave me so much more movement and took away the excruciating pain still haven't had a decent sleep in a year but things did improve. Have kept NHS in the loop and saw consultant in July, he recommended I had surgery, but things carried on improving and had lots more movement still occasionally ached and still can't sleep on that side, anyway I decided to cancel op for fear of getting a frozen shoulder after surgery. ......Now to date !!! Hence I'm writing this, I've been in so much pain today, a deep almost bone aching toothache pain aaaarghh!!!! All day! Seeing consultant next week, so should it be operation or another hydrolition injection????? That's my question to you lovely people, I don't know what to do, I just don't want to go back to that hellish pain again but am I heading that way anyway?? ....... Advice answers anything I'd really appreciate xxxxx thank you xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sara, where are you having this hydrodilatation as I am now considering this option. Having had frozen shoulder for Four years then this year a full tendon tear in my right shoulder I had rotator cuff surgery in September I still cannot do the sideways movement so am seeing my physio today  who suggested another third injection and  seeing the surgeon in a week and a half I am desperate to get better as I have been  stuck at home unable to drive or work since then.
  • Posted

I am the same as you, but 13 months down the line and three injections lots of physio, yes they help but always comes back to the pain and no sleeping so I'm having surgery on the 29th Jan, private. It's a difficult decision and a gamble but at times you get so desperate to be back to normal don't you? 
  • Posted

I would go ahead with surgery. I had surgery on my left arm and recovered after rigorous disciplined physical therapy for several months  when my right arm got bad I got thru it with just put and a therapeutic massage person who broke up all the scar tissue remaining.  Very painful. Now 15 years later, I'm having problems with that arm again not functioning properly. I wish I had done the surgery now just so the bone spurs could have been removed. 
    • Posted

Yer i had the opp after a disculated my shoulder, i think i done more damage to nerve,tendens than first thought as my ebow now canes and in my arm pit with numness in my hand  
  • Posted

I know exactly were you are coming from disculated shoulder in November 2014 had phisio itill july 15 when phisio said i had platioed so referred me for opp had the opp in August last year and im still struggling, iv had steroids injection and qualterzone jab all to no avail, so i have no idea sorry for being so negative,but i would look into alternative methods 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.