Frozen Shoulder after MUA

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had a MUA a week ago. However I am still in pain, is this normal. I am taking co codomol but trying to reduce to paracetamol as I find it leaves me in a fog. I feel very frustrated and when I try to do the physio it only increases the pain. I don't know whether I just had high expectations of an improvement  or whether anything else is wrong. I feel very low as a result of this. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I think you may be expecting too much too soon. My pain lasted for a good few weeks but wasn't as bad as before MUA. Physio continued to hurt but you will get there on the end. Make sure you use ice and heat to help.

• Posted

Bear with....this is what I was like first week after an MUA. Trying to do the exercise was painful. Small steps u will get there..
  • Posted

I used a hydrotherapy pool. London and Teddington Surrey have them if u a UK girl. They stopped the pain...
  • Posted

I didn't have much pain after the first 5 days. The PT is very important immediately after the MUA. The only time I would experience pain is during PT. I would take ibuprofen before they stretched me and exercised my shoulder, then I would put a heating pad on it. Then the pain would be gone until my next PT visit. You shouldn't still be in major pain to still have to take the prescription drugs, if you are, talk to your doc about it. I don't seem to be in pain anymore except when I wake up, it's stiff, then I just do some basic stretches. Hope this helped.

• Posted

I think everyone is different I needed prescription meds for three months especially while doing my pt.
  • Posted

When you say physio what does it consist of?

• Posted

My physio manipulated it a bit to stretch it. Painful. Then each time gave me exercises which I did three times a day...10 weeks after I was back to the gym and swimming without pain..I am still having massage therapy to try get more range back. .
  • Posted

You need to be patient. I took Percocet for about a month after and then hydrocodone for a while as needed for pain. Needed it especially to do pt. Most of the time pt excercises were bearable although at times they tried to stretch me out a bit too much when they worked in me. I found my night time pain was not that bad and often didn't need meds at bedtime after about a month. It took me five months after mua to get back 95% rom. Hang in there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.