Frozen Shoulder alternate treatments

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

So after aggravating my shoulder with strength exercises for a few months, my ortho doctor and therapist decided that I have a frozen shoulder. Then the physical therapist started doing some extremely painful stretches, so much so that I had to stop the session after enduring 15 minutes, probably the worst pain I have experienced. They want to do a few sessions and then just have surgery if it doesn't work.

Has anyone had a different method that worked better and was less painful? I definitely want to get a second opinion and look at other options, reading other experiences it seems that the route they want me to go is a gamble and could make things worse.

Any feedback based on personal experience would be most helpful, thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sorry to hear that. in my experience if PT is hurting, it should leave it alone as it aggravates the joint. thats what my surgeon said and i was given an injection and wait for few months but didnt get better then i had to go through surgery. well, it was my post op frozen shoulder as i had rotator cuff repair. yeah, try to have second option. they should have advised you for the injection first and see if it helps. good luck !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.