Frozen shoulder and planter fasciitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with fs. Shortly after I had to stop going to my classes at the gym since I was in too much pain. Then my heel started to hurt. A few months later after I did mua I decided I should stop ignoring my foot and went to the doc who said I have pf. He said it was cause I was not stretching enough which made sense since it started when I stopped my classes. I am still having problems with my pf but my question here is does anyone think there is a connection between the two ?do women of a certain age just get this stuff? Curious on all your thoughts.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jull Not uncommon to get pain in the heel and sole of the foot . It can be Ledderhose disease a plantar fibromatosis. Those with FS can get as well as Dupuytrens contracture of the hand. Any one who is diagnosed with FS should check the palm of the hand at the base of theĀ  little and ring finger for nodules.This only happens I think to people who have a true frozen shoulder, not those with trauma shoulder post op shoulder injected shoulder. It is handed down in families. It is not an inflammation in the ordinary sense but a cellular aberation, fibroblasts and myofibroblasts. The chromasome abnormality can be Trisomy 7 or 8. If you examine cells removed from the above conditions they are often the same or similar to those in an FS capsule.

Scouring the web is a wonderfull thing!.

• Posted

fs, my father had frozen shoulder and Dupuytrens. I have had 2 frozen shoulders and have Dupuytrens though fortunately the hand situation hasn't gotten worse. I can feel the "cord", but the finger is not pulling down...yet, though I have been aware of it for 8 years or so. My brother has Dupuytrens in his feet. Genetics are hard to argue with.

Agree...the web is endlessley interesting. And if my dad were still here he would be on it as much if not more than I am! When it comes to love of reading I am a carbon copy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.