Frozen shoulder- body aches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi!  I am new to this forum and was hoping to talk with more people goi g through the same thing. I was diagnosed with FS  a couple months ago and have been going to therapy for about 5 weeks. My first MRI is tomorrow.  I feel like this is just a disease I need to live with it seems therapy made it hurt worse. I am fully functioning at work and home but find that I am so tired I need a nap or get body aches at night at the end of the day. Does this happen to any of you? I have tried icing, heat pads, and have a tens machine and I have a  routine just to deal with the pain on a daily basis. My doctor finally gave me codeine for bedtime but I hate taking medication only when I really need it. 

I would live to hear any feedback on how you are living with your frozen shoulder and if it makes you extra tired?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chardon,

I have found that physical therapy made mine worse too. I opted not to do any treatment for it because some people mentioned it made it worse.   So I desided to just be patient with the process, Advil, cold and hot compresses and I challenged myself not to complain about it much and just go about my day as best I could. Night time for me was definitely the worst!!!  It took about 1 1/2- years.( but the severe pain was for about 4 months of that) Then I got it on the other shoulder!  One day at a time.  Remember it gets better!

So hang in there!

Cindy

• Posted

My Dr wanted to say it was impingement and not FS...I did go for therapy and at first it did not help! I initially went to my (now)therapist and had went to one who was closer but I can tell you..I truly believe your therapist plays a big role in how you do..my shoulder is getting better..although I am not completley better it’s coming..but like this other person said..I now feel like it’s coming to my other shoulder!!!!! My therapist said to keep doing the stretches ...it hurt soooooo bad when she would work on my arm!!! My arm would shake!!!! But I have made so much progress I am really happy I went with therapy!
  • Posted

Hi there, welcome to the Frozen Shoulder Club..  I've had it now about 4 months.  My doc did not recommend physical therapy or a cortisone shot.    He said it wouldn't help..  He said patience is the way to go..  He did give me sleeping pills for the night time because that is when it's worse.    There is a doc in Canada who cures it though and so I am flying there this weekend and having the procedure done on Monday.  I'm praying it works because it has been a nightmare.   I am extra tired all the time because I dont sleep even with the pills.  It's just so painful.   I found ice was the best thing for it as well as creams, like tiger baum.    It is just such a long process.  It gets depressing too. Good luck on your MRI...    Lisa

• Posted

FS responds fairly well to Acupuncture and results are much quicker than traditional ways of management.
    • Posted

I am considering acupuncture.  I have two frozen shoulders.  Did your acupuncturist also use electromagnetic therapy with the needles?  How many treatments did you have?  Did you go to a Chinese medicine doctor?  Thank you so much!!
  • Posted

Physical therapy was a tremendous help to me and is the reason that I recovered.  If I could do it all over again I would have undergone MUA with the accompanying minor surgery if the surgeon deems it necessary while under the anesthesia.

I found a super great physical therapist and she knew how to really work my arm.  The pain was at times difficult to deal with but that is all part of the process or recovering from Frozen Shoulder.

Pain is the reality of the condition of Frozen Shoulder and there is no easy painless way out of it.  Accepting the unfortunate reality of having been afflicted with F.S. is an element of the overall issue of the plight of being burdened with F.S.

So many people are angry and enraged that they have been afflicted with F.S.  My advice is rather than bemoan and complain about the "unfairness" of the affliction and rather than complain about the pain and loss of sleep---it is far better to either undergo MUA or find a great Physical Therapist and begin to "Grin and Bear It".

Accept your unfortunate plight in having Frozen Shoulder and take action via MUA/Surgery or begin a serious (and often painful) plan of attending a hard core workout with a super great Physical Therapist.

The Physical Therapy is supposed to pull, stretch and break the "spider web-like" adhesions that are "freezing" the arm and shoulder.  Over time the stretching, pulling, tugging and bending exercises and work-out movements will break, tear, stretch, pull and loosen up the web-like spiderweb-like Adhesions.

To sum up what I learned about Frozen Shoulder by being afflicted with it it this:

Accept the plight that you have been afflicted with Frozen Shoulder.

Accept that it is painful and that you will lose sleep.

Decide whether to undergo Manipulation Under Anesthesia or embark on a serious Physical Therapy Program.

Be tough, Be brave, Endure the Pain with courage and emotional/psychological strength.

You will recover after a year or so and you will remember that you made it through.

Lastly, keep in mind that you could be suffering from a great many far worse maladies.  You could have Parkinson's Disease, Paralysis, Cerebral Palsy or a degenerative neuro-muscular disease.

While it is bad and painful--Frozen Shoulder is not a lifelong crippling malady at all and with work and/or surgery you will almost certainly recover within a year or two at the most.

Be Strong and Endure the Pain because you WILL recover in a short time.

• Posted

Hi,

I just got my MRI results and I have tears in my labrum, edema in joint, and osteoarthritis. I am in shock because I've been working out for 10 years and super healthy. I am meeting with my doctor next Tuesday to discuss options because I am goi g out of town. Until then I am doing my stretches at home.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.