Frozen Shoulder - Chronic Sinus Infection Concurrently

Posted , 2 users are following.

I developed what my doctor is now calling a "chronic" Sinus infection. The sinus issue started a few months into the FS and can't get rid of the darn sinus infection. Anyone else experience similar?

I have had my FS for about a year and a half and the sinus infection for about nine months. Have been on antibitoics, saline, zinc. Lost a bit of taste and smell too.

I did have about 4-5 cortizone shots over a year span, which is not good for high blood sugar in Diabetes, but was trying to dull the FS pain. Wanted to post to see if anyone has had similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like 2 completely separate issue. I suggest taking a hot shower and put some Vicks just a tad by nose(just a dab by opening, not inside). While steam builds up in the shower start taking deep inhalations of the warm steam. Do this while the warm water hits your bad shoulder. Should improve your sinus while making your shoulder feel better.
    • Posted

Hi jen

Hopefully the steam inhalations is helping your sinus. Your right the cortisone as well as antibiotics might have affected your immune system. Try to get an extra boost of vitamin c as well as extra servings of dark leafy greens. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.