Frozen shoulder during lockdown - advice needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I have been suffering from a frozen shoulder for some months now. I got referred for physio but because of lockdown have been unable to take advantage of it. The doctor prescibed initially co-codamol then changed to an anti-inflammatory naproxen...neither helped. I was given exercises to do but struggled to do most of them because of the pain and stiffness. I have now had some osteopathy - five sessions which has helped a little with the pain but during that period have mostly stopped the exercises (on the advice of the osteopath) but am conscious that my mobility in my arm has got worse. I asked my GP if I could have a steroid injection but was told they are no longer possible due to covid. I am taking magnesium as someone said that would help. Any ideas would be very welcome please as to what I should be doing! thank you.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi again

look on google for exercises to do like lean over with a tin of beans and do the pot stir. small rotations either way and back and forth .

you have one enemy here. its mobility you have to keep it up no matter what. not to the extreme of hurting.

PT helped a lot i was there every week and still am. just to take away the muscle tension and spasms each week really helped. i even used sports taping after to keep the muscles in place.

with the hydro dilation. in the whole scheme of things it dont hurt. when my second shoulder fell apart in sept last year i tried the NHS till christmas. then called the surgeon. i had the second shoulder done in less than a week. not knowing i had torn a tendon over working and compensating for the frozen side.

and i hate needles but would have it again if needed.

keep up with hot baths and cold packs. dont despair.

c

• Edited

ho my god

i used the aircast last night. its like a 4 ltr thermos. you load it with cold water and ice. strap on the cryo cuff over the shoulder and it goes half way down the forearm.

i had it pumping back and forth for about 2 hours. my wife said its the first time i have smiled in months !!!!!.

it was bliss it took all the ache away. still got the zaps from the torn tendon. but i had all evening and i did not hold my shoulder once. the pressure of the pump means it inflaited tight to your shoulder.

just heaven but cost £150. worth every penny as it lasted into the night

c

• Posted

wow am so pleased! Sounds really good...am glad its not just me thats been grumpy! Have been feeling sorry for my husband being locked down with me as I have been moaning and groaning such a lot for months! Have just finished my exercises and wondering if i should get some resistance bands to pull did you try them? I did hear the blackbirds this morning and hoped for sleep after but my puppy had other plans! Keep smiling!

• Edited

lol

ho no there has been only two times in the past 24 months i have smiled.

wife said a cloud lifted when i had hydrodilation done and last night. she asked if something was wrong as my lips were pointing up with a smile. not down and generally grumpy.

its a blue sky day got me arm taped up. cannot wait for the white tan lines

c

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.