Frozen Shoulder, Gutted!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, my names Shelley, after thinking I had just pulled a muscle really badly during an heavy shift, waiting for it to get better, I saw the Physios today and now realise it's not as simple as that. Frozen Shoulder it is... Brilliant!!

You all know how painful it is and restricting. I'm 46 and work working the NHS on the bank shift system as an Auxiliary Nurse. So I don't have a contract, I'm in dreadful pain, I worked a night shift last night unable to do the majority of the work, it's mainly stroke or dementia patients I work with, so lots of manual handling involved. I can't even do my bloody apron up!

I'm a single parent and have just got my head above water after years of struggling! I feel a fraud because I can't do my job properly Plus I'm now constantly putting extra strain on my Good arm

Do I sign off work? Really don't know what to do because this sounds like it's going to take a considerable amount of time to recover, if at all.

Felling worried!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had a hospital after nearly 2 rs being passed from pillar to.post been on morphine since August, i had 2 cortisone injections and after seeing surgeon yesterday im having hydrodolation in a few weeks so will see how it goes x
  • Posted

I had a hospital after nearly 2 rs being passed from pillar to.post been on morphine since August, i had 2 cortisone injections and after seeing surgeon yesterday im having hydrodolation in a few weeks so will see how it goes x
    • Posted

Oh I will be following your progress in that case. It will be about 3 weeks before I go for the hydrodilation if this does not work (and as it is not in the capsule there is no reason for it to work at releasing it)- I am excited for you!
    • Posted

Good luck to you both with your hydrodilatation.  I had mine on 14th December and am still pain free.  It didn't completely free up the capsule for me (it can for some) but my movement is slowly returning - I can now put up my hair and fasten my bra - hooray!  I was very nervous having mine but the radiologist was very gentle and it didn't hurt, just a bit of mild discomfort..  Hope your outcomes are good!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.