Frozen shoulder manipulation with fibromyalgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

My complication is I have fibromyalgia which in the past has flared so badly at physical therapy, for any injury, I've had to stop. I've told the PT people about my fibromyalgia but they don't seem to understand the consequences that repetition of an exercise just makes the problem worse. For instance in a normal situation I can only type on the computer for fifteen minutes several times a day or my wrists get too sore to do it at all and it takes a week of resting the joint and usually a compression splint to resolve. My doctor seems to think it won't be of any consequence. I don't have a rheumatologist I can ask about this.  Has anyone else had this procedure with fibromyalgia as a consideration?

I am very concerned about my recovery PT.

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update. My PT has gone to just pain management as I suspected it would. The PT people say my best bet is to go back for a cortisone injection. So in the end I have 100% range of motion but my pain is back to what it was prior to MUA. It was definitely worth it to get my range of motion back but now I'm left with one more aching joint that will probably flare up from time for the rest of my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.