frozen shoulder nerve pain

Posted , 32 users are following.

i can't cope anymore with the pain! All my nerves hurt neck scapula biceps pain all the way down arm forearm aching hand aching does anyone else have the forearm hand aching pain.

0 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

You really sound like you are really going through it Tina.  Yes, at it's worst my arm ached all the way down to my hand and it was almost impossible to find a comfortable position to sit or sleep.  I'd end up with soft pillows tucked all round it and tried cold (bags of frozen peas) and hot compresses to try to get some relief.  I took ibuprofen (Naproxen made me queasy) which didn't stop the pain but took the edge off it and co-codamol at night.  All helped a little but never took the pain away completely.  One thing I did find when it was bad, was that physio made it worse - it seemed best to let it settle down before trying to do even gentle excercise.  I'm sure some people will have different views on physio but I preferred to listen to my own body and stop when it hurt.   Best of luck finding some effecive pain relief (lots of good suggestions  on here) and believe it will get better.
    • Posted

I agree with Maria, your pain is the same as mine was. I remember crying in agony, (not thaat long ago). I have just done some gentle stretching, perhaps a little too much as it aches now. I believe 9and again this is ONLY my opinion) to listen to your body. Maria gives great advice as far as I am concerned. All that you are describing is identical to what I experienced, pain in the wrist, hand, fingers, upper and lower arm, neck. Pain that is difficult to alleviate. Screaming pain and aching pain - random pain - making you feel as if you are imagining it! I used to say to my doctor "stop asking me WHERE  the pain is , it is random, some days it is here and other days it is there" (He was glad to see me leave his surgery I swear! At night - well I used to dread going to bed. I knew I would not be there very long. Up and out, wandering around (on this forum at midnight and beyond!) You are not alone, you are perfectly normal, we have all experienced it Tina, I feel for you but as Maria says, listen to your body. My physio says do NOT overdo the stretching Claire!

I ran hot baths which were relaxing and theraputic, I lit candles and laid there enjoying the relief, not for long of course - it hurt again very soon after I got out. We all wish you luck xxx

• Posted

I'm lucky I don't work I can barely function. I'm a very tough person that's how all these injures started .i stay home all day driving makes the nerve in my arm ache like crazy unbearable. I shift positions . Sitting is worst scapula pressure makes arm worse . Yesterday I said I am going on with my life went to congregation for 2 hours came home nerve pain was horrific everywhere got facial spasm neurologist said too much pain brain can't handle it. How do people go to work with this am I the only one feeling shut in shifting from chair to bed with ice 15 minutes to walking in circles. Feels like my upper shoulders can't even hold my body up. Everything aches. 
  • Posted

Hi Tina,

My pain started in the neck and the rest is history as they say. Read  my 3rd time lucky discussion........ 3 operations.  Have you had a spinal injection in the neck? Done in theatre as needs to be guided. It helped the neck pain, but the rest for me was unbearable too so I went for everything on offer basically. The pain in the forearm was a   deep pain. Medication from the doc was a must. Unfortunatley you have all the noraml symptoms that we all have experienced. You will cope with it with what is best for you, like all of us, but the forum really helps knowing you are not alone. Best Wishes.

• Posted

Thankyou everyone you are only ones who get it! I have frozen shoulder on left shoulder but right has tendinitis going down to forearmbursitis full tear rotator cuff doc wants me to have surgery bu afraid since I must leave it immobile for awhile I may get frozen shoulder on that side . Ugh so frustrated don't even know what to do anyone had similiar experience or insight or anything for that matter. 
    • Posted

Leaving the arm immobile while there are hormonal imbalances or other underlying conditions such as lower neck disc pathology, nerve compression, or shoulder strain injury will most likely lead to developing frozen shoulder. I'm sorry to hear about how bad your situation is, tina61247!
  • Posted

I have FS leftvside twinging right side GP said you get it one side the chsnces it will go to other x
  • Posted

Hello Tina. I have exactly the same symptoms. It takes over your life doesn't it. 
  • Posted

Hello Tina, I read your blog during one night when up in pain usually around 2am. I have all your symptoms. My frozen shoulder was diagnosed in August. The nerve pain to me is the worst and sharp pain down shoulder blade. I am on gabapentin which

helps, i use cool gel pads frozen which give relief, short term. I have a torn rotator cuff. I am also taking Arthrotec 75 . The

nerve pain has been the most challenging and am having a

nerve test today. The whole thing was made 100% worse by an

enthusiastic nhs lady giving me phiso far too aggressive! !! Now told no phiso at all. Surgeon has said he cannot operate until nerve problem sorted. Reading this site does not give you confidence for successful surgery. I hope you have a better day.

• Posted

So sorry I feel your pain I do physical therapy but it's manly stretching still in frozen pain but getting a little more range of motion. . I take Motrin 200 with each meal and ice ice ice yes my life right now really stinks .
  • Posted

Hi there, I am with you I have been diagnosed with FS. Family members keep telling me to get a second opinion as the pain is not localised to my shoulder, (but at least I now know that others have the nerve pain) I too have pain in my bicep and it is firm to the touch. I have pain shooting down my arm and into my hand my elbow and the top of my shoulder .. This has been going on since Oct 15. I have had a cortisone injection , accupuncture , physio exercises ,and deep massage, I'm taking paracetamol but I am reluctant to take Naproxen , and I will do anything to put off having surgery!!
    • Posted

Definitely. No one wants invasive surgery with all that painful rehab for months afterward. I heard that sometimes rehab is just a few weeks, but still, surgery should be a last resort.

Have you considered non-invasive treatments such as the Trigenics OAT or the OTZ? My step-father had frozen shoulder last year but unfortunately he wasn't a candidate for either. He ended up just doing acupuncture and waiting it out. His shoulder still isn't the same but he isn't in pain anymore.

From what I've heard, the OTZ isn't good for adhesive capsulitis frozen shoulder which is what my step-father had. A friend of mine had the OAT done recently and she's good now.

• Posted

Im having Hydrodilation instead of MUA,if it doesnt work then its surgery butbindont care now adter nearly 2 years of excruciating pain lack of sleep it impacting on my daily life enormously something hss to give
    • Posted

Thank you I will do some research into this. Glad your step father is pain free now.. You just think there is going to be no end to the pain.
    • Posted

I'm booked in for the 19th for hydrodilation! I can't wait! Like you - something has to give. Last resort. No way am I having the surgery, nightmare stories. I had to explain what hydrodilation was to my Dr - go figure!?
    • Posted

Well youd laugh because orthopaedic consultant referred me said its done by a radiologist under ultrasound, so i get an appointment for ultrasound it also says i can drive knowing full well you cant after, i ring they didnt haveca clue what i was talkig about then i rang and explained and they sent me more paper work this paperwork is for a steroid injection under ultrasound so im going to ring the consultant tomorrow as im not having anymore steroid injections had 2 thry havent worked x
    • Posted

Good luck.with it let me know how it goes xx
    • Posted

Good luck with your hydrodilatation, Claire and hope you manage to get one Karen.  It would seem we are the experts when it comes to this condition - perhaps we should charge the doctors for our advice!
    • Posted

Hi Cindy,

i guess you posted this about 8 mo. ago just wondering how your doing? i too for the past 7 month have been dealing with horrible pain,that  my doc thinks comes from my neck and has developed into fs. my bicep is also firm etc.  can you say if any particular thing has helped in your recovery?

Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.