frozen shoulder overactive thyroid

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Has anyone ever suffered from frozen shoulder due to thyroid issues.

Thanks for any help!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My ankle and knee joints all went to hell! I had a doctor and two physios tell me my pains were oesteo arthritis. As soon as I started the meds, the pain and immobility just disappeared.
  • Posted

Sinead

I have hyper thyroidism tsh 0.16. I understand that a Vit D deficiency and/or diabetes can lead/cause shoulder problems. Thyroid disease is usually or very often linked to low vit D so indirectly I suppose one can get a problem.

• Posted

Yes Sinead, I had a partial frozen shoulder and my doctor and Physio thought that it happened when I was overactive. My Physio gave me some exercises to do and it's a lot better now, but I still have slightly restricted movement. It can happen as your body is being overworked and also can be caused by vitamin deficiency.  I have Graves Disease, which brought on overactive thyroid, I went overactive with the stress of moving and husband being ill, as I was underactive for 11 years. My advice is go to see a Physio and take Vitamin D3 this is what I take as I read it on one of the forums.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.