Frozen shoulder pain - why is it worse st night?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Days are ok, but nights are hell.  Why?  I want sleep.  Pain is horrible.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately that’s the way it is with fs. Try having it both sides like I did. Suggestions for sleep, really good pain medication, I personally have slept many months in a recliner chair, so I don’t roll onto my shoulders and get those big u shaped pillows if you stay in bed, you don’t roll and you can rest your arms on the pillow. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

My theory is that the blood pools when lying horizontally and that’s why the hot, burning pounding pain is so inescapable at night.  My frozen magic bag usually helps me get back to sleep when pain invariably wakes me up at night, but it doesn’t work when the nerve pain kicks in. Nothing helps that I’m afraid. 
  • Posted

Thanks - trying to sleep with my head very elevated tonight to see if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.