Frozen shoulder. Potential fix for someone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I really hope that this is for you. I have to share this potential fix for you.

I have had the dreaded frozen shoulder since November 14. I have done the usual ie visited the doc who gives you pain killers which don't work, I've been referred to an nhs physio who can't do anything. I've also tried a sports physio. As we all do I've tried heat, ice, rubs look for fixes on the Internet etc etc etc. All with the very depressing no success. My level of "frozenness"  was pain constantly around the shoulder joint, top of shoulder, upper arm and forearm, pain was either sharp or that horrible burn. Pulling up trousers, putting on shirts etc very sore. I could only raise my arm to horizontal. The worst is that you can't sleep. 

The good news - recently I went to a frozen shoulder seminar on a whilst on a cruise. To cut a long story short, the massage people who were presenting suggested that to help I should get a neuro muscular massage. I was 90% sceptical. Obviously this was going to be a money spinner for all these people. But as I had tried everything else I thought that I would give it a go after a prod from my wife. 

After one massage ( I ended up getting 3) my chronic pain reduced significantly. I had a nights sleep. 

I have returned from holiday about a week now and I can raise my arm to vertical and apart from liveable twinges the pain is prob 90% reduced. 

This is not a miracle cure but here is the common sense reason why it was successful. 

The masseur examined my back and discovered hard muscle areas. These are caused by lifestyle. Small back muscles can go into spasm. oxygen can't flow through easy from your blood and the muscle hardens due to a build up of lactic acid. These hardened muscles were stopping my shoulder blade from moving properly thus developing the frozen shoulder. The massage broke down the hardened muscles to allow movement and aiding recovery. I found the massage to be painful but it was worth it. 

If this is for you then seek out an accredited Neuro Muscular massage therapist near you. 

I am not a blogger normally but as I like many people was in a great deal of pain with no immediate hope felt that I had to share my experience. I hope this helps

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Andy got to give it  go. As soon as I start to type my pain increases and typing is my job. 
  • Posted

Thanks, I will look it up. Would this apply to a frozen shoulder brought on by an accident?
    • Posted

Hi Alison. I am no expert but can only consider what I think is sensible. My prob was muscles that stiffened up due to them initially going into spasm which I was unaware of. My understanding is this can be caused by lifestyle (ie sitting at desk work ) , stress / tension or accident ( a blow to shoulder possibly ) I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.