Frozen Shoulder Relief - pain extending to forearm and hurts bad at night

Posted , 7 users are following.

I need recommendations for nighttime relief especially.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes nighttime can be really bad. I got some relief by lying on unaffected side with a pillow across my chest and side for my bad arm

/shoulder to lie on plus strong painkillers from GP... I took co codamol. 

• Posted

I am towards the end of this horrific pain.

I had surgery after ignoring the pain waiting/hoping it would go away.

I found icing shoulder, ibuprofen, I took Percocet.

Pillows!

I have so many pillows  in my bed.

One under efftected shoulder, if you are on your back,

If youre a side sleeper, prop them under arm that is in pain.

If you ice, dont leave on skin more than 20 minutes.

Wait an hour between icing

• Posted

Thanks so much.  What type surgery did you have and did it help?   Is your arm back to normal?  Thanks
    • Posted

What type surgery did you have?  Did it help?  Thanks
    • Posted

I had MUA. Manipulation under anesthetic. My surgeon recommended surgery because I had absolutely no movement at all.

The pain was beyond excruciating, burning, stabbing, randomly at every part of my left arm.

I couldnt even carrry on a simple conversation because the pain was out of this world.

I had surgery with a partial nerve block.

So after surgery, my arm was like dead weight. No feeling whatsoever.

I slept well for 2 nights, continuing 600 mg of Ibuprofen twice a day, a prescription. Also Percocet as directed.

The day after surgery, I was at PT, with no feeling and they moved my arm full range.

When the nerve block wore off, I had quite a bit of pain and had PT everyday for about a month.

Gradually the pain has eased up.

I dont have full range, but I am able to sleep and go to therapy 3 times a week.

Definitely a long-haul situation.

I can do laundry, disges, drive, even pull my hair back, even though its cockeyed... of center.

Ive been off work since January.

Slowly getting better.

Hope this helps.  

• Posted

So it looks like a moderater deleted my comment about CBD oil.

Look it up.

• Posted

Wow thanks.  I do have some movement and most days are not really bad, but boy how I dead bedtime....lol.  Gonna see my doc Wednesday and see where we go from here.  Thanks
  • Posted

boy I wish I could recommend something.  I have tried sleeping pills, OTC pills like Aleve and advil, tylenol and truly can't get relief.  I can make it through the day mostly with an aspirin or an advil but night seems to be very problematic.  This really is a very unpleasant situation to say the least.

• Posted

I also struggle with a lot of discomfort at night. Have you tried taking Advil? I may take one tonight and see if it helps. Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks took a half of a muscle relaxer.  Advil upsets my stomach.  Thanks and hope you get better.
  • Posted

Keep up the good work with the exercises on the days you don’t have a PT appointment.  It’s a long road  to get those muscles back.   You’ll get there one step at a time.   Today you pulled your hair back.  Tomorrow you’ll be able to cut your own food.   
  • Posted

Yes nighttime is really the hardest part.  sleeping is really a challenge and more often than not I am exhausted when morning comes.  Somehow I get through the days though grumbling a lot.  Tylenol PM only works once in awhile.  Just a crazy hard to deal with situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.