Frozen Shoulder...Round 3!! No injury...Not diabetic

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have seen several people who have posted that they have had this in both shoulders. I have had it in both and now on the second time for my right shoulder. This time is much more painful than the first two. I have done my best to wait it out and I just cant take it any long and am considering surgery this time. The three cortisone shots have done nothing for me.

My doctors have said this is an unusual case. They have never mentioned hormone levels. They have been checked twice this year and come back fine. Do I need to ask for a specific test or should I try hormones first to see if they work before I try surgery?  

I am a person that just tends to do what the doctor recommends but I don't want surgery if I have another possible option. 

Thank you smile

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been free from frozen shoulder in my left side for about 3 years now. The scar tissue continues to break up to this day. I continue to both feel and hear it busting up daily. It doesn't hurt, and my range is 100%, but the popping and cracking is always reminding me of what was.The most frustrating aspect of this condition is dealing with all the "professionals" who know next to nothing about it.I think you are one of those very rare individuals who, for whatever reason, is extremely prone to this condition. I wish you the best of luck, and the day will eventually come when this will all be past you.
  • Posted

Midonna that is exactly what I have been waiting for! I want it to break up on its own! It did the first two times so I have been waiting for it to work this time. My insurance will only cover 12 PT sessions a year so my doctor wanted me to work at home on it knowing that I may need them after surgery. I am going this afternoon for the PT consultation to get his opinion. If he thinks he can get my range of motion back I will be thrilled. My surgeon has already told me I wont. So fingers crossed this guy has good news for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.