Frozen shoulder TENS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried TENS at night to help frozen shoulder pain?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have, but not in the "freezing" stage as I couldn't stand anything even touching my shoulder.  Once I could tolerate light touch, I really liked it, but to the point where I overdid it ("if a little is good, then a lot must be better"wink.  I suggest starting very slowly and seeing if your shoulder tolerates it - not just during the treatment, but wait to see how it feels the next day as well before increasing the time.  

Good luck!

• Posted

I have always done the tens on my shoulder they do it at pt then in the beginning I was doing it like 4 times a day I think it's just makes you feel better when it shuts off but anything to feel better for a bit

• Posted

I have used TENS in PT and at home.  I think I read on my home unit it says not use at night when you are sleeping- you might want to check on that.

To sleep approx 5 hours a night with FS, I take trazadone.  Its a common sleep medicine and It helps quite a bit.  If I wake up in too much pain I ice it in bed.  I also found elevating my shoulders a bit with another pillow helps alot.

sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.