Frozen shoulder turns into CRPS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone, just curious If anybody else has had the frozen shoulder turn into CRPS?

I had an arthroscopic  capsule release on my shoulder in December.  It helped release my shoulder a great deal. As  I had bilateral frozen shoulder I was waiting to get my other one done while I recovered when I started getting nerve pain in my arms.  Long story short, the operation had triggered this horrible condition called Complex regional pain syndrome CRPS.  Trust me when I say frozen shoulders was a dream compared to this hideous condition. 

So at the moment I have limited range of movement in my arms because of FS and horrible nerve pain and associated issues that go with CRPS. 

I hope no one else has had this but If you have please get back to me, id love to hear from you. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Burtpies, there was another fellow on here who says he got CRPS from a Manipulation Under Anesthesia (MUA) for his Frozen Shoulders.  If you scroll through all of the posts you will be able to find it.  I will look and see if I can find it and let you know.

I too have bilateral frozen shoulders and am waiting them out, just managing the pain and doing normal daily activities that I can up to the point of pain. No specific exercises, no PT.  The first one has already improved greatly after a year, very little pain and increased range of motion. The newer one, on my dominant side, is still in the painful freezing stage but the pain has already reduced to manageable after 3 months. 

I truly hope that your situation resolves very soon and that your shoulder and nerve pain issues quickly become a thing of the past. Holding the vision that everyone in this forum heals from this strange disease and that it soon becomes a distant memory!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.