Frozen shoulder w/torn labrum

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had frozen shoulder in my right shoulder beginning in April of this year.  Horrible pain.  Significant mobility loss.  I believe I also have the beginnings of it my left shoulder.  I had a MRI and it showed partial labrum tear in left and labrum tear in my right.  I have having arthroscopy next Friday to repair my left.  I still have most of my mobility in my left although I do have a lot of pain there.  My right is excruciating.  The dr. said he can manipulate my right while I am under.  My concerns are why is the arthroscopy on my left when my worse shoulder is my right.  They said I will be able to work after two days, so surgery is Friday and plan to go back to work on Monday.  Is this practical?  I drive 50 minutes one way to work.  The dr. is aware of this and thinks I will be fine to do this.  I am also concerned I will be in pain in both shoulders after the manipulation.  How bad is that pain?  I want results, but am afraid.  The pain is soooo bad and i have really been depressed from it.  thank you.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I saw my consultant today & one thing he said is that recovery is easier if you are in the "frozen" stage. I was still at the back end of the freezing stage, so that means you are trying to recover from the surgery when your shoulder is still trying to freeze. Would have been nice to have known that before the surgery, but just thought it may help you.

• Posted

I think I am still in the freezing stage due to the pain...  good to know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.