Frozen shoulder with elbow pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have posted about my (4 month so far) frozen shoulder. I think I may be at the worst of it, at the moment.

Does anyone else have elbow pain? I know the pain radiates.....I have pain from my neck to my hands. But lately the inside of my elbow is sometimes as bad as the shoulder. Both with the zingers from a jolt, but also just at rest.

If I push around on the inside of my elbow I can create a zinging pain that shoots down. Is this a nerve thing? Just part of the frozen shoulder? What causes this?

I see my doc again in 2 days and will ask her, but wondering your guys' experiences.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,

I'm currently on my 2nd year of dealing with Frozen Shoulder in my right shoulder and am currently in the process of getting ready for surgery. Don't be too alarmed though, I'm diabetic and heard we tend to get the worst of it. I know for several months after it started my inner elbow was a site of a lot of discomfort. It would just get really achy and sore after a few hours. I work at a desk job and play a lot of games on my computer so that could also have contributed. I don't think its quite that unusual, at least with my personal experience. What helped for me (if you're using the computer all day like i was) is to make sure your arm rests are about level with the mouse, and if they don't reach that high you can buy padded arm rests for computer chairs which is what I did and that helped a bit. After a while the pain in that area went away probably on its own.

• Posted

mike

did you look into the hydro dilation aspect as i was warned off of going under the knife so to speak, this is non-evasive but works, it pulls the adhesions off the joint and you can carry on next day.

injection 1 is anaesthetic

injection 2 is steroid

injection 3 is high volume saline to blow it apart

all done through one tube which is inserted into the joint

just an idea for you

colin

• Posted

hi mamadeesix

yes to all that, as I put earlier I am at 13 months, at least into stage 2 of this horrible thing, I found it was all the associated problems that also caused problems, apart from the frozen joint and motion with zingers, i found the muscles went into spasm across the back and neck and knots down the arm, all the muscles seem to freeze solid, i could feel the lumps and bumps,

that's why i persevered with physio every week, as my therapist went down my shoulder blade it was knot after knot, the bicep went solid in one part and a stiff neck to boot as well, yup pretty crappy, all the associated bits radiate out from the glenohumeral joint and the capsule, if you google pain related areas, it shows from the neck down to the hands can be affected.

i did have a show stopper of an injection, i went in frozen in immense pain and came out dancing, it cost me £550 for the procedure, that was 6 months ago on the first shoulder, i really hate needles, but for the constant pain I was in I needed it and it worked, you can actually feel the joint tearing apart as the last of three injections goes in, and the joint pops open so weird. that was a hydro dilation procedure.

good luck in beating this, i would not wish this on my enemy.

colin

• Posted

Absolutely. There is referred pain from shoulder to arm, elbow, and wrist. I often wear an ulnar elbow brace when i sleep. In my case worst pain is in the bicep, feels like it is in a vice. I find myself rubbing massaging bicep all day long

• Posted

i call it the Gemma lump. named after my PT on the bicep. still there.still clicks

• Posted

as with you i am doing my best to spread ideas and methods with our gang. trying anything ( except running around the garden with a chicken on me head). nope that remedy was wrong

but hey try anything once.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that but interesting to note I'm not the only one with bicep pain 24/7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.