Fruit and Veg spray allergies ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I live in Australia and have had a few weird allergy experiances of late, the latest one was just an hour ago, I was buying some stuff at the supermarket, I was getting some green beans and ate one like you do when buying, I was checking out and while paying I felt my eyes were itchy so I rubbed them, when I arrived home I checked my eyes in the mirror and one was getting quite puffed up below the right eye, the left eye was and is OK, I showered and cleaned my face super well, what could be the cause of this ?

I have allegies to grapes, pears and some stone fruit but never beans so why now is this happening, l think its the sprays, but maybe not ?

Hope someone knows why this is going on and can help ?

Regards Wayne N

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear what happened to you. I think maybe lt was some type chemical that was  sprayed on the beans to keep them looking fresh. My guess is that the chemical contain something you are allergic to. Another thing is that the beans came in contact with something you're allergic too. Make a note of what happened and if things don't improve; go seek medical help. I sure hope you are doing better by now. Good luck.

• Posted

Another possibility of where you contacted this element that you reacted to is from the shopping cart handle. So many people touch those things and they are so rarely cleaned or never disinfected. People get colds and the flu simply by touching the handle after someone else who's been infected.

It is also possible that you have now developed an allergy to green beans. Have you eaten the green beans that you seem to have reacted to?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.