Fruit and veggie diet for sensitive stomach?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Lately I've been dealing with terrible nausea and stomach pain. I didn't have the best diet before this happened but now its out of hand. I have this problem every waking moment and it makes everything unenjoyable. The only thing that helps is eating baking soda so I can burp (the relief last maybe 5 min.) and they're usually really deep ones. My stomach is bubbling 24/7 and I have gas a lot. I can't eat food anymore because I instantly want to throw up or get the runs. I only get relief and am able to keep stuff down when I eat all natural fruits or tasteless vegetables, water and ginger ale. I don't know what's wrong with me but I sure am suffering. Has anyone else tried this for sensitive stomachs or has any advice for my problem?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi justbeingme

I think you should change you diet altogether...sounds as if you have been eating a lot of junk prior to this....change your diet to gluten free, lactose free, wheat and caffeine free no fizzy drinks or spicey foods and no citric fruits..and take bio pot yogurts and probiotics tabs for good gut flora...change your whole way of eating...you can get 'free from' foods at a popular uk supermarket (can't give names on this site or reply will be blocked) if your in uk that is...but wherever you are you can get these foods it's a bit more expensive but well worth the spend to have a good digestive system...best wishes

• Posted

have you seen a dr.  after everything i have gone through it could be a lot of things.  one thing you can try is give up carbs and sugar for a month,  see if that helps, if it does, you know what you have to avoid,  hope the best
  • Posted

Hi you should see a doctor get some lab work done I had the same life for months going to emergency room every other week. Finally went to see a doctor and I had Hpolory you might have a bacteria in your stomach untreated could couse ulcer and even bigger issues. Stay away from coffe and dairy products just water. Also no fried foods. Bacteria is gone and gastritist also gone I'm now living my healthy life again smile best of luck to you

• Posted

I have gastritis, have had it for years, it seems to run in my family.

Red meat a NO NO, especailly late in the day.

Anything with spices, cinnamon, garlic, even onions can be a cause of weeks of agony, doesn;t mean I don't eat them, at all, just love mushroom with some garlic pasta, but do i pay the price for that, weeks of pain and discomfort.

So what do I eat, cornflakes for breakfast with milk. and my only coffee of the day, but if I have an upset stomach even pass on the coffee until it settes.

Lunch, bread roll with chicken or fish, and a heaped plate of salad, or a dagwood sandwich, or a salad sandwich, more salad than anything else.

Dinner, fish or chicken, again, fresh veges, or salad.

Extra's - yogurt, occasionaly an icecream, glass of milk, plain biscuit. piece of apple pie, stewed fruit, no spices remember.

My main standby if my stomach is playing up is glass of warm milk, sipped slowly, usually releases the gases.

Best wishes, don't overlook that you do have something that your Dr can help as suggested in other posts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.