Frusemide

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been on 40mg since 2009 but now have started with ankle swell. Is 40mg high?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Always best to check with your Doc Graham, as maybe you need to change your dose, as ankle swelling appears to have started recently & you have been on med since 2009. Best to check. Hope all works out for you
  • Posted

frusemide is one eightieth the strength of bumetanide, weight for weight - so 40 mg f equals 0.5 mg b ... which is the LOWEST dose. The extreme highest bumetanide dose can be 20mg - or 1600mg of furosemide/frusemide
  • Posted

Have you tried cutting the 40mg tablets in two or requesting 2 x 20mg per day you may be getting rebound salt and water retension each day as furosemide only has a short about 2 hour half life. I would suggest you try taking 20mg when you get up then another 20mg at about 2pm before you increase the dose.
  • Posted

Hi Graham,

Sounds like you need a med review because of your new symptom. If I were you I'd see my doctor.

Regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.