frustrated!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been told i have severe cs had mri results came back next day my doctor got me rushed through to see consultant well it took 7 weeks he told me i couldnt return to do my  job which was fulltime in a day nursery so i am now sitting at home no money no idea what im expected to do fighting every day to see if i can claim any benefits ive been told only light housework who is supoosed to do the heavy im so fed up with it all im not qualified for anything else, sorry just needed a good rant ....

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel hun ive had 2 lots of surgery for cs and spinal stenosis i cant return to my job housekeeping supervisor i receive  ESA at reduced rate of 72 pound for 13 weeks then apparently it doubles and you are paid the assesment period difference back so you must claim esa hun your health more important than job have you had surgery or having surgery good luck and come chat anytime xx
    • Posted

Thanks for replying no surgery yet i really don't want it im going for injections and more physio its really tough when you read about cs its something everybody gets but noone understands doctors look and smile as if to suck it up and get on with it im sorry that you have been through surgery i thought it was maybe an answer and it would make life more comfortable i have applied for esa but when you are used to working and earning good money 72 a week is hard...look after yourself to thanks again its lovely to hear from another sufferer xx
  • Posted

Hi Siobhan,  I know how hard it is doing chores with cs.  I find hoovering is the very worst thing for me as are many other things. As with all these hidden disabilities it's hard to get understanding let alone benefits.  Have you tried applying for Disability Living Allowance.  If you send for the forms, when you fill them in it is important to express how you are on a bad day, not on an average day as we all tend to be more positive when talking about our own problems than is realisitic.
    • Posted

Hi thanks i know i feel so much better just hearing people who have been through the same thing i was told not to do hoovering which is impossible i have great daughters one still at home who does the bulk of the work its having to give up all the fun things in life like dancing im only 46 and single not exactly a catch at the moment i have found humour helps and yes I'm applying for everything but will keep positive as u know there is worse in life take care x
    • Posted

Hi Siobhan, hope you get somewhere with the benefits and glad you have some help at home.  I agree that humour helpssmile

love Mxx

• Posted

Hello Siobhan,

I wish I was apatient at your practise,I had to practically demand an xray,and as far as a scan it was like I was talking a foreign language,so it's a life of painkillers.

Good luck,and I hope you feel a lot better,and it always me feel better having a good rant.

• Posted

Hello,  It is really worth considering changing your doctor.  it seems like a hassle as none of us like change but sometimes it's for the best.  I live in the North West and we have access to a pain clinic through the GPwhich I found helpful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.