frustrated

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this is my 4th week of being on these tablets, so far I have lost 2lbs and then put apound back on, I am following SW and also the less than 5% fat intake. I go swimming 3 times a week. All of the things I am doing are a huge change to my lifestyle, you would think that cutting down alone would see some changes on the scales. I am getting so low and frustrated!!!

This week I am calorie counting 1200 cals and using MFP as a tool, any advice from any of you please : ((

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your frustration Andrea but it seems that you have made some real changes to your lifestyle which can only be a good thing? Every one is different but the questions are would ask are...

Do i have water retention?

Am i eating too many carbs?

Could i be drinking more water?

Everybody is different on these pills and some take a few weeks for it all to kick in so with all the support on here you can stay strong and keep it going. Chin up and keep going xx

• Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I am going for some blood tests on Monday for underactive thyroid so that may throw some light on the issue.

My ankles swell a tiny bit at night but wouldnt say it is too much really, but will keep an eye on it.

I eat very few carbs now, tend to eat a lot of veg, fruit and white maet or fish.

I drinlk at least 2 litres a day, some days more, althouhg this has been only in the past 2 weeks.

I have noticed that it generally takes about 3 weeks for the tablets to get inot your system and the body to adjust so we will see.

Thank yuo for your advice it is valued x

• Posted

Well you are not alone there love as i was diagnosed with underactive thyroid about 4 years ago and it had pretty much stopped! On drugs now and will be for pretty much ever and to say they helped would be a lie as i was still shovelling rubbish in my mouth.

Now the weight seems to be coming off me at a good rate so maybe they do work but dont want you thinking it makes a massive difference, just being realistic. 

Just pinch or squeeze your legs and if they are quite solid you will have water retention and can just get a herbal version from Holland & Barrett thats why i am on or if it is really bad the doctor will give you some but they are really strong and you will be weeing like a horse!!!

Still early days for you and me so just keep it going and ask as many questions as you can at the doctors in your 8 min slot or whatever it now is!! x

• Posted

Were you keeping a food diary before this week? 

Also with exercise you could be replacing fat with muscle which weighs more but takes up less space so you might have lost inches rather than lbs smile

• Posted

Thank you Senoki,

I have been keeping a food diary for the past 2 weeks and handed inot the SW consultant so will see what the feed back is from that.

I have also measured the important bits lol and see what happens over the next few weeks.

I wont give up cos I need to do this one way or another.

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated x

• Posted

No problem!  My downfall at first was not weighing everything so make sure that's accurate too!

I'm trying to focus on how my clothes are fitting rather than numbers atm, I've put some weight back on, but my clothes are definitely more loose so I know that I shouldn't worry too much x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.