Frustrated

Posted , 6 users are following.

This is so embarrassing, I'm frustrated & don't know what will help. I've been post menopausal for a few years now. Intimacy has gotten almost down to none because of the pain it puts me in. I have found relief of using Astroglide for the foreplay, but actual penitration is impossible & we have just given up. I don't want to take hormones. Is there anything that would help. I will note that I never was able to have children & not sure if this could be part of my problem or not.

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so sorry you are suffering.  If you can't or are opposed to using local estrogen then try replens.. If you visit their website you can read clinical studies that suggest it works almost as well or as well as estrogen and it is a safe over the counter product.  It is a vaginal moisturizer not a lubricant so it restores the epithelial cells to their normal state.  I am currently on vagifem and have had one Mona Lisa laser treatment.  My goal is to get off the hormones completely.  After my third laser treatment I will give up the hormones and continue with just Replens and a once yearly Mona Lisa treatment.

I wish you all the best...

• Posted

I'd love to know how you get on after your third Mona Lisa treatment and whether you think it has been worth the money...

Best wishes

• Posted

I will definitely keep you posted.  My second Mona Lisa treatment is in two weeks.  So far absolutely no improvement after the first Mona Lisa treatment. I was treated inside the vagina and also outside the vagina with the laser.  I am so bummed out.  :-(

Blessings to you

• Posted

Hi Alexandria

have you had any hair loss while on Vagifem?  It works so well taking away discomfort with the Atrophic Vaginitis and hope it's not the reason for my hair thinning.....I will try to ask my GYN today.

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

No, I haven't had any hair loss at all while on vagifem.  IYou could be losing your hair due to stress.  When I was 28 years old and going through tremendous stress my hair fell out by the tons for about two years.

The vagifem hasn't helped me at all yet.  Can I ask you how long it took for you to feel better on vagifem and how often you take it?

thanks..

• Posted

Hello

I started the Vagifem after 2 weeks of Estrace....I think that made a difference...then I started the Vagifem the next day and take it 2 times a week and have been on it ever since.  It took me about a month or so to really feel normal again....such a blessing as I was so uncomfortable...I felt like I had a UTI all the time......finally I could live a normal life without discomfort.  Of course I wish I didn't have to take anything......but my GYN pretty much thinks this is lifelong taking Vagifem......unless there is something else out there. Let us know about the Mona Lisa treatment and if you are happy with it.  Give Vagifem some time. Are you in the US or U.K.?

• Posted

Estridiol would help you should have your sex hormones checked it doesn't cost much and explains so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.