Frustrated

Posted , 5 users are following.

my name is alejandra. i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism august of 2016. before that i gained a lot of weight, would fall asleep anywhere, I would just feel real tired. i have been on levo 100 since then. although i have not lost wieght i feel much better.

what i do struggle is my family... don't get me wrong, they are my pillar. but it gets frustrating with almost the daily dosage

i cant help it but feel tired sometimes. they tell me constantly they want the old ale back. it gets to the point that i feel bad. does anyone struggle with their family not understanding?

me

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do. I am on 150 mg but I am still suffering from the side effects. I had my thyroid removed in July. I experience body aches, joint pain, and still hit a wall during the day that requires me to slow down and rest. I tried to do the same things as before but not able to keep up.

My family is trying to understand but it's hard for them because I am not the same as before. I told them that it's takes about a year for the body to adjust, so to be patient.

I keep the lines of communication open, so we can talk. I am also educating them on my condition by inviting them to the doctor and asking questions. This seems to help in their understanding.

• Posted

Thank you Susie for the prompt reply. I’m glad I found this support group. I have been wanting to vent out. Although I have a bff, she is not going through hypothyroidism. Thank you for your tips and advice. 

I’ve researched and researched, and have yet have had a clear answer as to how it’s develops.ibe read it’s an auto immune disease. Just wish there was a clearer answer rather than my thyroid is not producing enough hormones.. I swear I’m a positive person wink

Me

• Posted

What you're dealing with is typical hypothyroid disease. 

Yes, it is autoimmune. Known causes are exposure to mercury, bromine, radiation, other chemicals. If you think you haven't had exposure, look again, as if you're hypothyroid, it's more than likely you've had exposure. 

There's a lot you can do to calm the immune system and reduce autoimmune triggers. Cleansing and dietary changes are very helpful. If you have visions of a vegetarian life, think twice. Your body needs good quality protein. 

Most thyroid patients spend a huge amount of time troubleshooting their health as it declines, removing triggers, etc.  supplements are very helpful: a good quality vitamin and mineral supplement, B12 injections, coblimated B complex, essential amino acids therapy, boron and other minerals, selenium, calcium, magnesium, liquid chlorophyll.

A gluten free paleo style diet is helpful. 

That should give you an idea what you're dealing with and what could help.  Well, it's a start anyway.

Also, it is possible to get the disease into remission using natural healing methods, especially if you're young. That's the good news. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.