Frustrated

Posted , 5 users are following.

Happy Valentine's Day. I can't believe how this dysfunctioning thyroid can make my moods so crazy..the anxiety..the depression..the overwhelmed feeling..etc. all of these are not what I've ever felt before. How does one cope with this. Got in argument with my boyfriend tonight because of my mind / mood swinging from the rafters. I can't learn how to deal with this. How does one not let this affect their daily life?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do a lot of meditation.

If I feel crappy, I don’t put myself in situations where I have to socialize. 

The only people who really understand chronic disease are those who have it or have dealt with it extensively. At this point, most of my close friends have chronic illnesses simply because they’re the only ones who understand that if I cancel, it really is because I’m not feeling well.

• Posted

Tell me about it! I was always moody though, but since being diagnosed hypo last summer, i get a sense that this condition explains a lot.

Now i can really appreciate how body affects mind and vice versa. It raises questions about identity. To what extent is my personality/actual self a result of this condition?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.