Frustrated

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am very upset.. I have had 3 surgeries on my left hip. A replacement, revision, and a partial. I am still having alot of pain and discomfort. I had a MRI they said I have a fusion of nerves and fluid near my implant. I was told this is not a big issue and to learn to live with this pain. I'm 55 have always been active, but this pain is unbearable. I'm on pain management but they don't help.. I'm just frustrated.. Thanks for letting me vent!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

sorry to hear. I had my hip replaced two years ago. everything was good until mid March. Suddenly had a pain in my groin that went through to my outer glute. I've had pain and a sciatica sensation since. Finally got x-rays and saw my surgeon this week and he told me my prosthetic and bones were perfect. I just have some inflammation and need to take ibuprofen.

Like you, I've always been active and it's so frustrating. You're not alone. We'll get through these issues.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. 55 is young to have all those surgeries. Did you have a bad fall?

Why a revision? You've been through alot!

• Posted

So sorry to hear this. Pain is wearing. I had bi-lateral hips done last year, 10 months apart. Right hip perfect, left hip second one I have severe knee pain after the surgery, now for six months. They think now it could be nerve pain. So frustrated.

• Posted

hi denise I feel sorry for you o am 13 weeks from surgery was coming along fine got up last week sat on side of my bed when I went to get up one hell of a pain down the front of my leg so bad I can hardly stand on it but if I wait for a short while it goes of but sit down and get up wow

• Edited

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that, I know alot of time a surgeon won't operate unless they absolutely have to. Did they do the exam where they check you for infection? Generally that's what they look at first when complaining of pain and finding fluid. Maybe get a second opinion? Hope you feel better and they find a solution for you.

• Posted

There really is nothing worse than being told its nothing and to get used to the pain....I doubt anyone of us with long term pain would ever dismiss pain in this way. its exhausting and frustrating . No words of wisdom , except to say I have been on Zomorph slow realise tablets for over five years, this means i can manage part time work and see my grandchildren . i have never had a high from the, my pain consultant informed m e this is because its clearly got a job to do. Chat with your pain clinic and try and get a long term plan . take care

• Posted

Hi Denise ...I hope everything turns out good for you...It just seem at least to me that surgeons just operate get their money n that's it! I've sent my dr. a message by portal since 2 weeks no answer. I am concerned bc for several days I've been having pulsating/ throbbing sensation on my surgical leg ....mostly on my thigh.Its constant on and off.....not painful though.

and also my swelling on foot on surgical side has subsided alot but when I flex my foot it feels as though I have a tight band around it.. ...n concerned I might have a clot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.