frustrated on gabapentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well went back to dr yesterday told him my concerns and nothing. He did lower my dosage from 3600 back down to 2400 but I'm not happy. My biggest concern on this med is not being addresed. My body has swelled up so bad that my feet no longer fit in my shoes they are so swollen my ankles are so swollen it hurts to walk my legs are twice the normal size. My face is so swollen my eyes feel like thy are being pushed back into my head. My arms won't straighten cause my elbows are swollen my knees are twice their normal size but my dr like but if the med is working to help your neck pain then deal with side effects. But I am having a hard time functioning with the side effects so I think I'm going to wean myself off this drug. Any suggestions on quitting this drug gabapentin?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I too was told if they are working why come off them but being only part of your former self is not fun I weaned off very slowly 300mg every month then last 300mg 100mg a month then even split capsule in the end don't let anyone tell u it's such a low dose u can just stop I did and was not fun had withdrawal all over again it took me 5 months but I did it on my own just had anti sickness tablets from doctors.I have now been 4 months off gabapentin and other do feel nearly back to old self nearly good luck it is worth getting off this devil in tablet form drug

• Posted

Hi Samkc.Been given Gabapetin for about 4 months now starting at 200mg upped to 600mg in 200 mg increments for IBS pain and nerve blocking.Also Mirtazapine being added and Paxil weaned off of.You probably need to wean off it but it could take a while,with some withdrawal as well.It sounds like an allergic reaction.Have you taken it for awhile or just started? Godd luck and God Bless You,BobĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.